NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trading in my modified 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan for a 2007 Beetle 2.5 5-speed. I got promoted in my job and pushed to a different office, which took my 5 minute commute and turned it into a 2 hour commute with traffic. This is completely unrealistic in my G35 and is costing me a pretty penny every day. I like the styling of the Turbo model and will definitely do a kit/rims on this car. Forced induction will not be too far off.

This is an awesome forum and I found it while researching the car. To be honest, I have never owned a VW or had any interest in owning one (nothing bad). This car kind of snuck up on me. The yearly Tail of the Dragon trip looks like a lot of fun, and may be something that me and my wife will have to partake in. The more pictures I see of this car, the more I wonder why I never bought one before. Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting new people and modifying my new toy!

Travis

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

So glad you found us! But, I'm confused. There was no turbo model in 2007. The 2.5 is not a turbo engine. :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

So glad you found us! But, I'm confused. There was no turbo model in 2007. The 2.5 is not a turbo engine. :eek:
Thank you and I was refering to the turbo beetle in general. I know this engine isn't turbo, the first thing I did was pop the hood hehe. I am still new to beetles, but the turbo beetles I have seen look different than the non turbo models. This is to be expected.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Oh, I see. :)

You have to go older, 2005 or older, or 2013+ to get turbo.

I've not had a non-turbo, yet......:D

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Hey Travis. Welcome to the party man. Glad you found us. It's awesome people like yourself, that makes this forum so awesome.

My man you, the Misses and your beetle need to make an appearance at TOD. You really want to see what that 2.5 can do? Bring it to the Tail of the Dragon. You'll see what these cars were engineered to do. Most fun you can legally have on the road! Lots of good people too-young and us older folk...it'll be fun.

BTW, what neck of the woods do you all park your beetle? Some of us might live near you.

Congrats again on your sweet ride..and a 5-speed....winning!
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts