NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the lovely Evap System Gross leak code. Car ran just fine, so I looked around the canister and everything lines, and the canister looked almost brand new. I checked all the lines and nothing seems to be broke... So now I am trying to figure out what the deal is because today it started running rough when you accelerate.

Any tips or pointers before I spend an entire day under it in the 28deg garage haha...

Jason

·
5/23/10 <3
11,094 Posts
What is the exact code you are getting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and just now scanned it and have a P0301 Cycl Misfire detected cycl 1

Its been raining like a mother though for 2 days, top of the engine looks dry, Could be a bad coil?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,094 Posts
My first thought would go to coil for the misfire.

As for the other code:

16824/P0440/001088 - Ross-Tech Wiki
16824/P0440/001088 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Malfunction
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active

Possible Causes

Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System leaking
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Regulator Valve (N80) faulty
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Solenoid Valve (N115) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Sealing
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Regulator Valve (N80)
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Solenoid Valve (N115)

I've read about the N80 valve being a problem before. I would look into that first I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called the dealer, apparently I have the older H coils or something, they are going to replace them free all 4 just because. Next tuesday though is the soonest.... weak haha. So I am just going to limit the driving until then. It runs still but is kinda mad haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I would share my good fortune. I thought I would try my luck with the local Audi/VW dealer (I have bought 4 Audi's from them) and see if maybe the recall for the Coil Packs had been done on this bug yet. Granted has 90k on it and so it has in the past they said. After speaking with the SVC manager for a bit he said there is a chance that they were replaced with the old style coil packs since it was done in 04. So I took it in wends morning and they replaced all 4 under recall, even-though they were NOT the old style ones. They also replaced the little evap purge and did one other recall for the sunroof while it was there.

I was pretty impressed actually, Brought the service guy some beer haha.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Thought I would share my good fortune. I thought I would try my luck with the local Audi/VW dealer (I have bought 4 Audi's from them) and see if maybe the recall for the Coil Packs had been done on this bug yet. Granted has 90k on it and so it has in the past they said. After speaking with the SVC manager for a bit he said there is a chance that they were replaced with the old style coil packs since it was done in 04. So I took it in wends morning and they replaced all 4 under recall, even-though they were NOT the old style ones. They also replaced the little evap purge and did one other recall for the sunroof while it was there.

I was pretty impressed actually, Brought the service guy some beer haha.
:clap: :bigthumb: Yep, contrary to popular belief, they're not all Stealerships. All in the rapport you establish.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I wonder how they would treet a guy off the street?

:shoot: :cry:
That's kind of a Dealership by Dealership thing. All in the philosophy of the Management/Ownership, but a reason I always attempt to establish a rapport with a Dealership. You have to throw them an occasional bone, you can't simply walk in and expect a freebie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back in 02 when I got my first A4, I bought it on the east coast and brought it to KC. I took it in and they were SUPER nice to me, got the car certified for 1200 bucks, and I have had all of them serviced there since. In my family now we have 2 Audi's on Lease and 1 purchased and we turn in the Lease car's about every 2-3 years. So sure they make money off of us but in the beginning I was just a random 21 year old kid driving up with a car they did not sell me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts