NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW ITEM! Pass Side Grab Handle Wrap Leather

NEW ITEM TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR NEW BEETLE

This tread is to offer custom Real leather grab handle wraps.
These wraps are made of leather, have stitched edges, Velcro closure. This is the most customizable item for the grab handle ever made. Why?

You can:

Choose the color leather, thread color, and texture leather

Have it embroidered at a place to have your cars name on the leather wrap.

See the pictures for more details.

***** Price is $ 20.00 each plus shipping to your door. *****

They are custome made and made to order so process time is 1 week after payment is made via paypal.

Attachments

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too Funny

AL,

your a riot dude. My friend had a leather factory and it closed down when his father passed. But he loves to make the leather items. He is a wiz kid at 52. He makes leather belts, wallets, coin purses, etc. He is great at it. You cant see from the photos, but my wrap came out perfect. I chose a leather and stich color. Let me know when your ready to have him craft one up for ya..

thanks
marc

·
Somewerebetween19and22PSI
1,708 Posts
NEW ITEM TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR NEW BEETLE

This tread is to offer custom Real leather grab handle wraps.
These wraps are made of leather, have stitched edges, Velcro closure. This is the most customizable item for the grab handle ever made. Why?

You can:

Choose the color leather, thread color, and texture leather

Have it embroidered at a place to have your cars name on the leather wrap.

See the pictures for more details.

***** Price is $ 15.00 each plus shipping to your door. *****

They are custome made and made to order so process time is 1 week after payment is made via paypal.

Can have things stiched in for money? i like the black leather and i would like red stiching and i would like it to say "ubuggen" in the center... please let me know...

wow sorry i just read it and i am stupid... plain leather and black... red stiching please... or pm me lol sorry...

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Hey maybe your friend can make bands to go around the doughnut headrests. Being that they're made to order, He could do them in various sizes; 2" 3" 4" sizes. Folks could get things embroidered into them and attache them to the headrests i.e. a VW logo. I might even buy a set of those to go with the grab handle wrap:cool:

Food for thought mang:D

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dounut head rest

Al,

I am sure he could, but I only have turbo s models here that are solid head rest. So for him to make one I would need to furnish him with a dounut head rest to make it off of. I am not sure what you have in mind. I am having a hard time picturing the design in my head lol. but great idea al, you are always thinking.

thanks mang

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Embroidered

Can have things stiched in for money? i like the black leather and i would like red stiching and i would like it to say "ubuggen" in the center... please let me know...

wow sorry i just read it and i am stupid... plain leather and black... red stiching please... or pm me lol sorry...

If you can find a place in your area it can be stiched or Embroidered. I dont know of anyone here that does it. But the handle wrap can be made here and of course shipped to you to take to a local shop to have the letters done. What color leather would you be interested in? Black is that right? maybe red thread? just let me know and I will research it for you.

thanks
marc

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Al,

I am sure he could, but I only have turbo s models here that are solid head rest. So for him to make one I would need to furnish him with a dounut head rest to make it off of. I am not sure what you have in mind. I am having a hard time picturing the design in my head lol. but great idea al, you are always thinking.

thanks mang
I'll cook up a photoshop example for ya BroHa:cool:

·
Somewerebetween19and22PSI
1,708 Posts
If you can find a place in your area it can be stiched or Embroidered. I dont know of anyone here that does it. But the handle wrap can be made here and of course shipped to you to take to a local shop to have the letters done. What color leather would you be interested in? Black is that right? maybe red thread? just let me know and I will research it for you.

thanks
marc
THANX MARC

YEA BLACK LEATHER AND RED STICHING :cool:

THANX VINCENT

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
larger photos

could you possibly post a couple larger images of it pls.

thx

Yes, got a new phone with better camera, but have to wait until sunny day here to take some closer photos for you. I love mine and they give the car a custom look.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vincent

THANX MARC

YEA BLACK LEATHER AND RED STICHING :cool:

THANX VINCENT
Vincent,

If you are serious about wanting one, just pay via paypal

send payment as a Gift so there are no fees. Plus shipping of
$ 5.00 to Paypal account [email protected] it will take about a week to custom make for you. Your total will be
$ 20.00.

thanks
Happy Thanksgiving !

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Better and larger pictures of a finished one, MINE LOL

could you possibly post a couple larger images of it pls.

thx
Here are some better pictures of mine that is on the car now. I love it. Maybe sometime i will get the cars name stiched in it. Got mods to do first. Enjoy the pictures

Attachments

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is another picutre of the handle cover yeah

Hello all i got board and took another picture of the grab handle cover my friend makes. Take a look

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok I have a request, can you / your friend design a pouch into the wrap? for cell phones or knick knacks or cables? hold up to 16 oz without tilting under...

Also does he have red leather for the red interiors?

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Questions

On the leather topic, yes red leather can be made.

As far as a pocket, I can tell you from experience with my beetle bag for trash, if you hang anything from this bar it gets really frustrating when you want to get in and out of the glove box. There is not much clearance and it has to be moved before you open and close the glove box.

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Hey Marc,

How about a smooth (not textured) blue (to match the 2002 Ravenna Blue) with a double pink stitched seam for my daughter's NB?

LMK,

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am interested in one as well!!!! I would like Black with Yellow stitching please but is it possible to get a smoother leather than what yours is? like a lamb leather? and I need it sent to Ontario, Canada if you could tell me the shipping on it please :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts