VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing my oil today, and as bad as i am when it comes to me doing stuff myself, i spilt a good amount of oil when re-filling hte engine, and it went down the rear of the block where i cant reach. I took the engine cover off and cleaned all i could. And when i went under the car, there was oill all the way down. And now hte fun part, the oil is burning and smoking.:fart:

My dealer said it'll be fine after it all burns off, but i'm worried about a potential fire, fyi it was synthetic mobil 1. Also i'm leaving for H2O tomorrow. I drove it around some, like hte dealer told me to, and the smoke has gone away, but it still smells like burning oil. Anyone else do this, or am I really that clumsy? Is it safe for me to drive 500 miles straight?

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first time i ran the car (which was driving it to the dealer, i popped hte hood, a cloud of smoke came out. It was pretty funny. I just cant do any engine work to my car without losing/breaking something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.