VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lady has always had VWs, finally I have one too! 2000 NB, 2.0 auto, 107K, no rust! But it does need a heater core... No fogging yet but an annoying G12 fragrance most of the time. I've read that if I have a split box I don't have to mess with the AC. I do see a metal clip if I ram my head into the far reaches of the passenger footwell and look up above the "hump" behind some foam trim, am I on the right track thinking this clip tells me I have a split box? I have no fear doing the job if I can avoid the AC draining et al. Just love spending quality time with my vehicles, it's good to really "know" your ride if you're mechanically inclined. Going from a GMC (which I'll keep for toting big things) to this little beauty has been lots of fun. I really like my car! Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, as I'm not of the more computer savvy generations.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I had to replace the ac condenser on my '98, it sat next to the heater core, if I remember correctly (this was about 10 years and 3 bugs ago) I did not do anything with the heater core. Mine was a 2.0 auto as well.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts