NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
emilybrooke's 2006 Salsa Red Package 2

Okay so... to be honest, I have no idea what to name it, much less what the 'trim level' is.. I hope someone can maybe help me out with that. Either way, here is my '06 I just picked up last night. I am completely in love as of 24 hours ago and have not wanted to get out of the thing since then. Haha.

These are a few pictures of it at the dealership when I purchased it, and some from when I got it home and did a basic wash/wax on it. It still has not been detailed on the inside by the dealer (it will be on thursday) but I tend to be picky on the outside so I told them not to touch it... :D

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
:party: Beautiful! :party:

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Woo hoo! another salsa red Beetle! :banana: Beautiful Beetle!

So yours is the same year as mine. And you have, from what I can tell in the pics, Option Package 2 like I do. Opt pkg 2 was the one with the most and included opt pkg 1. You have some rare options that were only avail a few years - like rain sensing wipers, homelink, and auto dimming rear view mirror.

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The beetle looks great! I LOVE the colour :)

And I too am extremely picky about the neatness of my car. No one else every washes her or details her, and I NEVER take her through an automatic car wash.
Thanks! I agree; everyone who knows me knows my vehicles are always pristine on the outside. Haha. A few of my beloved Jeep for proof:

I actually still have it; love it like a child but the gas mileage, etc just kills me. I have it for sale but it pains me to let it go! However, I LOVE my VW and I've only had it for 24 hours now... I have never owned a car that wasn't 'earthtone' if you will.. gold, beige, white, etc. so this red is definitely something to get used to! I'm loving it! :D:D:D

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
...I have never owned a car that wasn't 'earthtone' if you will.. gold, beige, white, etc. so this red is definitely something to get used to! I'm loving it! :D:D:D

Yeah I am usually a blue-silver-grey kinda guy but this red reached out and grabbed me. And I've been lovin' it ever since! :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Emily. Welcome aboard! You would probably love this stuff I use called Freedom Waterless Carwash. Its totally safe if used on moderately soiled vehicles to clean them up in like 20 minutes. One bottle last 20 washes and all you need besides it is a couple of microfiber cloths! They even have a version that has carnauba wax already in it!

Freedom Waterless Car Wash - Cleans, Polishes and Protects without water

Anyway enjoy the new Red Beetle. Looks to be in great shape!

·
1,255 Posts
Wow, what a shine. Welcome to the org from across the River in Jonesboro. Gossett's is where I have my warranty work performed.

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Your Jeep looks great. In that condition someone is bound to buy it.

I have always had a red vehicles. My first car was a Hyundai Accent and it too was bright red. When I went to buy my Versa I was torn between the bright blue and red, but I decided to go with red. It matches better with my HK obsession. :D

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I greatly appreciate all the compliments! Thanks so much! I feel welcome already.. :) I do still have the Jeep.. I guess I love it far too much to let it go. I also need to think of a name for the NB. Hopefully something creative will hit me soon.

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, what a shine. Welcome to the org from across the River in Jonesboro. Gossett's is where I have my warranty work performed.
I'm glad to know someone else recommends them... I went to numerous other dealerships looking at these things until I came across mine. The Gossett guys are amazing!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,833 Posts
:jawdrop: WOW oh WOW! that is one sweet and clean beetle! I really really love those wheels- the best ones VW put on the nB IMHO. You take great pics too- keep em coming.

Enjoy many happy miles and years in your soon-to-be-named beetle:D

BTW you Tennesseans are really starting to represent here on the org- nice:bigthumb:

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few more pictures! It's been a great 2+ weeks so far! :) I can't get enough

Sorry for the quality of some.. most of these were taken with my iphone camera...

With my Jeep already jealous in the background :)

Can't you see my excitement? Haha.

My first two necessary additions.

Pink daisy!

Awesome keychain the dealership guys gave me.

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Woo hoo! another salsa red Beetle! :banana: Beautiful Beetle!

So yours is the same year as mine. And you have, from what I can tell in the pics, Option Package 2 like I do. Opt pkg 2 was the one with the most and included opt pkg 1. You have some rare options that were only avail a few years - like rain sensing wipers, homelink, and auto dimming rear view mirror.
Yes, it has all of those things.. sorry I'm just now seeing your post! :) I didn't know I had such a rare find!

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few more random pictures from today. Please ignore the hideous windshield crack I managed to get over the weekend. I'm still angry about it! :mad:

My new (non-personalized :() tag FINALLY arrived at the dealership Wednesday... so no more paper drive-out tag

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,833 Posts
Sorry about the crack in your windshield. How does your state take care of those? Here in FL your insurance takes care of it with no charge to you. Hopefully TN does the same.

Thanks for the new pics....nice:).

·
Dad of Bumble & Rupert
124 Posts
Awesome beetle, I have to agree with Scarab on the wheels, I have them on my 2006 NB and love them...looking at some aftermarkets though still. I also have the same options as you do, rain sense wipers, auto dim mirror, heated seats, homelink (never use it, previous owner chose it) Loving that Salsa Red

1 - 20 of 114 Posts