NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first vw, the triple white New Beetle...fell in love with it immediately! The car salesman at our dealership didn't really know much about the w3, so I had to research (and discover) much of it on my own...I've already had it for 3 days, and just noticed the embroidered beetles on the driver and passenger-seat headrests- too cute.

Also, I heard (but am not sure) that these special ones were manufactured and shipped from Germany, unlike most vw's. Is that true?

Anyway, I'm totally in love with the white leather, heated seats, and all the little details like the rear spoiler. Mine has a sunroof instead of the convertible (don't really need that much in the northeast!).

·
TOD Maiden Voyager
1,582 Posts
Welcome to the Org. Triple whites are definitely neat and rare.
We'd love to see pics of your pride and joy when you stop driving long enough.:)

For some of the newer New Beetle owners -- you can order a personalized Birth Certificate for your NB.
Do a search on this site for "birth certificate" and you'll find the thread.

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
love the triple white...i wanted one the second i saw it...and yes they are rare...they are a special limited edition...welcome to the org family :wave3: cant wait for pics and those lil embroidery's are way too frickin cool

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Welcome to the org!

All New Beetles are built in Puebla Mexico. Some of the parts may come from Germany, but the car did not. Enjoy your new car! It is stunning.

·
BOOP-BOOP-A-DOOP
4,632 Posts
Welcome to the org!

All New Beetles are built in Puebla Mexico. Some of the parts may come from Germany, but the car did not. Enjoy your new car! It is stunning.
that's interesting, I thought they were built in Germany,

Anyway welcome to the org. very nice car:):)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Welcome to the the Org. And what better way to start your VW relationship but with the NB. Like the previous posters, the W3 is a way cool car.:cool: Please post pics when you have the chance.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
that's interesting, I thought they were built in Germany,
Nope - all New Beetles are built in Puebla Mexico. The first character in your VIN is a 3 which means Mexico. FYI - the VIN is a standardized identification number that has a specific format that all major car manufacturers use. The first character always indicates the country of assembly and the 2nd character represents the manufacturer (V for VW). There is more to the VIN but this is the part that is relevant here.

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
welcome to the org family! I have never seen what a triple white NB looks like but I bet it's hot! more pics!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
8 days and still no pics posted;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts