VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Jay here, based in West mids, UK. Recently bought a cheap '02 NB 1.9tdi. Well my great wisdom is to retro mod it as its just a cheap budget build. My main motor is an '06 EOS which I love to bits. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Current status of the bug. Smoothed rear bumper, numberplate/wiring removed, coilovers, banded steels, 0.5° negative camber plates for rear. Still lots to do but decided to work the rear end first. Thanks!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
14,872 Posts
Welcome to the Org, and congrats on finding that TDI.

I do want to say something, though......Just say NO to camber!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Org, and congrats on finding that TDI.

I do want to say something, though......Just say NO to camber!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I understand camber and I'm sure others will have opinions on stretched tyres and banded steels etc. It's a retro mod build. Half a degree is 3mm inwards of the wheel arch at the top of the 16" rim. 1 degree is 6mm difference and still not even a major impact on tyre wear. You wouldn't even notice the half a degree negative camber. But it satisfies me that the tyres are less likely to scrub the arches on the rear.
I'm also doing a split screen rear window mod, making a similar shape to the old type beetles trunk lid with numberplate light and square plate on the bootlid. Fitting old type indicators on the front wings, and I havent got to the front bumper yet haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts