VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've been a vw fan almost all my life, since 1969, aircooled that is, and now I found an opportunity with a 2000 beetle. I have a very interesting project I would like to take on. I don't know of anyone but if there is somebody out there that has taken this challenge please let me know. The project is to get rid off the engine electronics and others electronics that are real nice when new, but a pain when they start going bad, in other words bring her down to basics. Taking advantage of some new features, but features that are easy to fix or diagnose. I know it's not going to be easy, but I'm going for it.

·
439 Posts
I have not personally seen anything that you are proposing, but I will follow your adventure, if you keep it posted on here.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Welcome aboard Joe!

Man, I hope you pull this off. My guess is that the immobilizer system will be one of the biggest hurdles to jump over. Whatever we can do to help you along the way, we'll pitch in.

Just, Please, please, please document everything along with pics. You just might be creating the next major how-to manual for us beetle fans.

All the best buddy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts