NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Nice 98! When did you get it? Welcome to the org!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had it for about 8 months, but it was stored through the winter so I've only been driving it for about 5. Only 43,000 miles and it's spotless.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
I have had it for about 8 months, but it was stored through the winter so I've only been driving it for about 5. Only 43,000 miles and it's spotless.
Hi. Welcome to the org. Beautiful beetle you have there.
Just letting you know, for the age of the car and the mileage you might be sitting on a "ticking time bomb" in regards to your water pump and timing belt. I would get that checked asap.
Don't be a stranger and post often. We are a friendly bunch, you'll love it here. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Welcome to the Org!!!! You have a very nice NB there!!! It looks like it has been very well taken care of! I too have an older New Beetle, a 1999, his name is Ernie. You can see him on this thread:http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-new-beetles/31241-beetlescotts-reflex-silver-1999-gls-ernie.html
Have you got a name for your NB yet? Also, just in case no one has told you, you can call VW on their 800 line, give them the VIN number, and they will send you a "Birth Certificate" I have 3 of them, I have had 3 NBs!!!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi Sam, Welcome to the ORG!!! :) What a nice Beetle you have, very cool!!

Many happy mile to you,

JonK

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hey Sam, glad you found us. Welcome to the new Beetle .org I've got a car that looks almost just like yours. Man thats a good looking call you got there! Mines a little worse for wear, but he's got close to 200,000 miles on him, doesn't burn a drop of oil, and still has the original clutch alternator and starter! I also have a photo thread titled (semi proper intro) I will go ahead and bump it up to the top so you can find it easy and check it out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts
Wow! A 98 with less than 50k? I thought I was lucky to find a 2002 with less than 75k!

Welcome to the org! You're bound to make some great friends here!

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
I have to say, I love that picture! :D

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts