NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Re-Member?
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this baby last week. It's a 98 Red NB TDI with the ALH Engine. I work for an internet TDI parts store so parts for this will be no problem :) ....(plug idparts.com)

As far as plans go it's going to get suspension (Koni STR.Ts or Koni Coilovers), maybe a 17/22, nozzles, exhaust, and a Rocketchip tune. We shall see.

It needed a starter so I put one in and now it has the dreaded dual mass fly wheel that is coming apart so I can't get it out of gear with the car running. I'm trying to decide which clutch to put in it. Should be a fun little car once it's all done!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

Once you get everything in order with your new-t0-you New Beetle YDI, it will be a great car to run! :party:

Good luck with everything, and keep us up to date with your progress. Thanks! :)

·
Re-Member?
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on the South Shore of Massachusetts. There is a weekly VW Meet (VolkShore) that is every Wednesday like 15 minutes from my house. I usually take my BMW or motorcycle there.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
I'm on the South Shore of Massachusetts. There is a weekly VW Meet (VolkShore) that is every Wednesday like 15 minutes from my house. I usually take my BMW or motorcycle there.
Cool deal. The wife wants to make it up your way one of these days and enjoy some authentic New England seafood. Who knows... we might make it up there sooner than later and meet you and some other fine folks:)

I'm diggin the weekly VolkShore meet. You should start a pic thread. It would be pretty cool to see:bigthumb:

·
Re-Member?
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool deal. The wife wants to make it up your way one of these days and enjoy some authentic New England seafood. Who knows... we might make it up there sooner than later and meet you and some other fine folks:)

I'm diggin the weekly VolkShore meet. You should start a pic thread. It would be pretty cool to see:bigthumb:
Do it, you won't regret it! The food is amazing. And I may start a thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts