NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member, and hello all I am not a owner YET but considering it. I am so curious to now how many male ownes out there and what to know which post can i see manly bugs. I am tired of all the wise 'it's a chick car" crack pleae encourage me. Thanks. hop to get more involved.

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave: This is a great place to find out all you need to know about the New Beetle, and whether or not the NB is the car for you. While I am a chic with a NB, I certainly don't thin they are just 'chic' cars. :) Check out the photo thread where you can see some ah-mazing mods on the New Beetle that nobody would dare call a 'chic car'. ;)

Photos: New Beetles - NewBeetle.org Forums

Again, welcome to the Org!

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I've had 2 new beetles (one was convertible."You can't get girlier then that!" lol). Your more then likely gonna catch flak about it anywhere. But seriously if you want the car don't let that stop you, because personally I believe that would just be stupid. Because I loved my first beetle (my first car) I've had 3 beetles. My first was a 2000 manual that we bought before I could even drive a manual. A 1960 and an 03 vert. And now a MK5 GTI. I have die cast cars, photos, books, even a Wolfsburg tattoo because my beetle started this whole crazy VW obsession. Lol. And I have meet some the most bad ass people ever!!! Gtg's and the org alike!

So, if you really want the car then get it. Don't worry what flak you might get because its what you wanted! I always say (and have actually told someone... Only because they really pissed me off) "I love my beetle, and until you make the payments on it then you can just shut the hell up because it's not like you can do anything about it anyways!" lol :D

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Who cares what others think? If you want the funnest, most unique, roomy, fun to drive, car, then go get it! :rolleyes:

By the way, I lost a Tornado Red turbo Convertible in the divorce....... he wouldn't give it up. :(

·
slow car fast
59 Posts
Pics of my Beetle are on this forum. It's a stock TDI. I bought it for the mileage (44.0 mpg last fillup)and I drive torque, not horsepower. I keep toothpicks in the bud vase, and there's not a single flower on it. Fact is, I looked long and hard for a '03 Jetta wagen for utility. I drew the line with a Jetta sedan (I don't take kids to soccer practice).

If you're worried about what people think, maybe a bug isn't for you. If I was concerned, I would first get a nice set of wheels and tires. Then I'd get a tune (probably Malone). Custom paint is always cool.

If you have the money and like bugs get a 2012. A stock model has the look you're after.

WardB (for the criminally insane)

PS I sold a very manly Jeep TJ to make room for the vw. A guy bought it for his girlfriend (age 20-25).

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
I don't understand the whole "chic" car thing. My boyfriend gave me a lot of crap when I bought my first one, (a 2000 1.8 turbo GLX). That is until he drove it...then I had to fight him for the keys more than once. And he is 6'5" inches tall and about 290 lbs. Can't get much more "manly" than that. I hope you don't let other people's opinions make your choice for you. I will admit, that he doesn't ask to drive my Yellow one as much, but that was pre-meditated on my part when I bought a yellow one.;):p
Be happy, drive a bug with the rest of us, and after about a minute, you won't care what other people think or say, because you'll know the secret all of us "buggers" know about owing these cars. I don't even have to tell you, you'll figure it out when you own one..
JUST DO IT !!!!:cool:
Barb

·
Every one calls me Fuzzy
859 Posts
Welcome and don't let people bother u.about it. I work in a machine shop and people give me crap about it all the time but hea what better car to pick up chicks than in a "girl car". It will be a car you love and won't want to get rid of. And welcome to the org

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
I am 49, a retired military officer and I drive my daughter's 03 NB Convertible 1.8turbo every chance I get. Its a car with personality - if you want trouble free, dependable and boring - well then just take one of my Hondas. If you want fun - and I previously owned a BMW 528 (i know the speed limiter kicked in at 143mph!!!) - then get a bug - make it a turbo, put some nice wheels on it - and smile my friend. Its a go-kart for adults.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
As a Male these cars are great! It'll put a smile on your face every time you drive it. My wife thinks its great too if she ever gets to drive it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't worry about what people say, unless they pay for your gas =)

I am a girl yes, but I drive a nice 02 Turbo S Beetle. It's grey and scoooooots. My husband drives a 95 Wrangler with a 4 inch lift and mud tires. If I leave my keys unattended I find I have been left the Jeep to drive ;)
I get over 30 miles to the gallon and have beaten most of the guys in my husband's unit in their sports cars at the 1/4 mile. :D
I say go for it. I love my Beetle <3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts