VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am the owner of a 1998 TDI New Beetle (Blinkie). I received the car when I was sixteen as a gift from my father when I got my license. I have been driving it for two years and have been loving every mile. Blinkie is nearing 150,000 miles and, unfortunately, is starting to show it's age. I hope to keep the car for as long as I live because we bought the car brand new when I was two and I have bonded with it over the sixteen year period. Hopefully I can make that dream a reality with the knowledge of other members. :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Make sure the timing belt service is done on time (80k first time, then every100k with the correct kit). If it us an automatic, have the transmission serviced with VW spec fluid every 40k. That tdi will last a LONG time! I'm getting 47 city 51 hwy on my 2000 tdi. Love it!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Keep that car. Even I you get to the point your not driving it, someone in your future family will love it as much as you! Awesome that you grew up with the car!!
WE NEED PICs!

·
Lolita IS my WORLD....
109 Posts
Welcome to you and Blinkie! The Org will become your best friend for all sorts of info,mods, and general sh*ts-n-giggles :) Glad to have you two join the family!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Great pic and thx for posting it for us!
WELCOME to the ORG glad you found us.
;)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts