VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals!

I picked up my first Beetle/Volkswagen ever earlier this month. Picked her up from the San Francisco are Craigslist. 2004 New Beetle Convertible, 2.0, 6spd A/T, 122,000 miles, stock everything. Hoping there are others in the area for help, meets, or just driving.

Although I am very happy with the car, I have noticed a couple issues. After searching through this forum prior to purchasing, and after, I still have at least one interesting situation. If no responses here, I may post in the troubleshooting forum/section.

Key fob trunk release and panic works 100% of the time. Lock works 50% of the time. The other 50% the lights flash, car doesn't actually lock, but alarm is armed. Unlock never works. I suspect the unlock button is somehow broken, but since the lock is questionable, I also think there may be some other problem else where.

Thanks guys for any help or advice. Excited to be a part of this community.

- Adrian

·
Lolita IS my WORLD....
109 Posts
:wave2: Welcome 2 NB.org. Glad to have you join us, sorry i cant help with your issues, but i did want to welcome you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome from Santa Cruz! As for the key fob, Delly sometimes likes to be Delly and doesnt respond to the key fob, I bought a new battery, but haven't changed it. She works all good now, might just be something as simple as that.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
June Bug 55
3 Posts
Hi there

I used to have a 2003 and that is the way mine would act when it needed a new battery, hope that's all it is for you!

I am new here too! I have recently become a VW owner again with the purchase of a 2013 convertible, see ya around!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts