NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ace Bug Pilot
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now the proud new owner of an '01 NB GL. I picked it up last night. It's a little rough around the edges cosmetically but nothing that can't be easily fixed. Drove it to work this morning (75 mile commute). I luv it so far. :cool:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
congrats and welcome to the org! my beetle was a little rough around the edges when i bought it, too. had some cosmetic damage, but dang, i love the thing!

again, welcome! :wave:

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
my goodness, I hope it has a TDI motor in it with a 75 mile daily commute... otherwise WOW your fuel is gonna cost you.

regardless, congratulations, and if anything pops up in need of attention, feel free to post on these forums.. you will get help.

·
Ace Bug Pilot
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the warm welcome & kind words. My commute is one of the key reasons I starting looking at the NBs. Couldn't find a TDI to fit my $ budget. But, I believe I'll be happy with the 2.0L compared to doing my large commute with our Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the Org!

Post photos of Your New Beetle when you can.

Happy Driving,

John K.

·
Ace Bug Pilot
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question:

Where can I find info on the service schedule/requirements?
My NB did not have an Owner's Manual or anything with it & I did not buy it from a VW dealership. I contacted one & there response was that one would cost $60 provided that they could even get one. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave3:

At least now you will have a pleasant commute. Don't forget to wave at other NB's! :wave2:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Ice06 said:
Thank you all for the warm welcome & kind words. My commute is one of the key reasons I starting looking at the NBs. Couldn't find a TDI to fit my $ budget. But, I believe I'll be happy with the 2.0L compared to doing my large commute with our Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. ;)
Hi and welcome. I think you'll be happy with your NB, I also did the commuting in an Explorer. Just about twice the mpg now :xmas:

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Welcome aboard. I also have a long drive to work each day. 50 miles each way so about a hundred a day. I try to use my scooter as much as possible, but after a long day at work it's nice to relax on the drive home. We want pics of the NB.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Whoa! :eek: Thread revival alert! :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts