NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with you some pix of New NB and some cool old ones i recently took at local VW show here on LI.

25PSi

Attachments

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Nice! I saw my first face-lifted New Beetle "in the wild" this afternoon. I knew they were hitting dealers, but didn't know they'd been getting sold already.

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
73standard said:
Face-lifted New Beetle?? What do you mean by that?
You haven't noticed the NB has had a make-over/face-lift ?

Check out for yourself :

The 'old' one :

The 2005 one :

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like 98-'05 style better to be honest. There is something that rubs me wrong way about this NEW one. Maybe i am just biased. I dunt know.

Anyone else feels that way?

25PSi

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
25PSi said:
I like 98-'05 style better to be honest. There is something that rubs me wrong way about this NEW one. Maybe i am just biased. I dunt know.

Anyone else feels that way?

25PSi
Holy Eugene! Was that at The Country Fair in Medford? And if so when was it??? I wanted to go to that!!! :cry: I bought Skittle at Donaldson's. The salesman who sold me her sends me stupid jokes every month..you would think he could send me something useful...like telling me that was gonna happen!!! :banghead:

·
ACVW Chick
324 Posts
I was checking out one of the '06 convertibles when I had my car at the dealership a couple of weeks ago. They do look different.

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
73standard said:
AH, ok. I knew it looked different, I just didn't realize it was THAT different.
Changes on the '06 model :

Styling changes for the 2006 New Beetle include bolder, slightly sharper bodylines, especially at the wheel wells and bumpers that are tailored for a more modern overall impression. New details include a larger, more oval headlight treatment, new taillights, and new bumper designs; inside, the freshening involves a new instrument cluster design with chrome applications to the instruments and also the air vents.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
We spotted our first look at a 2006 NBC yesterday. We didn't see it at first, as it was hidden at the back of the lot, still under wraps. I was hoping to see the new colors up close and in person, but alas, this was the only '06 they had.

Front
Rear
Wheels
Engine
New emblems. (Not flat, as ours are)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I know what you mean.

Yesterday I overheard two salepersons at Sears mention Volkswagen. I, butted in, of course, and asked if he was a dubber. He asked if I was, and I pointed out the "VW" on my sweatshirt. He asked if I worked on my own, and I just laughed. "Yeah, right. Ha ha!". It turns out, they were oldschool air-cooled dubbers, with parts-cars and the like. Life was so much simpler then........ :eek5:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw a truck full of these yesterday on the highway. I have to say, I like that they finally made some changes. The thing that I didn't like, was the turn signals. The car is a freakin ball, and the gave it turn signals with edges. I dunno, I really liked the fenders, though. Kinda looks like the car has matured. Just my .02

- Jeffrey

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Even with all the changes, it is unmistakenly New Beetle!~:D

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I have yet to see an '06 in person and its driving me crazy! I really want to see one...anyone know of any dealerships that have them in NC...preferably in Charlotte or Raleigh...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts