VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm an excited new '99 New Beetle owner in Atlanta. My bug has about 91K on it and I've been told that I should look into getting the timing belt and water pump replaced. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a mechanic in the area? Anything I need to pay particular attention to when getting these parts replaced?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Welcome to the org family. Very nice having you here!

There's some great ATL Beetle people here. They love getting together too- hope you'll meet up with them soon. And please check out the lonk on my signature and join our org member's facebook group "The Collective". It's another great way to connect with fellow newbeetle.org members.

YES, your timing belt needs to be changed yesterday. Don't put this off my friend...it can lead to disaster. ECS Tuning.com has the complete timing belt kit for ya: belt/tensioner/roller/waterpump. I'm sure the ATL folk can point you in the right direction. AGAIN, check out the facebook group too. Your fellow orgers spend A LOT of their time there.

Welcome:wave2:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Welcome, from Texas! I also have a 99 beetle and love it. I have owned my car for well over 10 years and put many,many miles on it. I have over 165,000 miles on it already and it is still going strong! We are so glad you found us, and once again, welcome to our community! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
WELCOME from Tennessee :p

Yes,have your timing belt and water pump w/METAL IMPELLER installed A.S.A.P. IF it breaks it will cause serious damage to your engine!!
My belt is due to be changed and THIS is the ALL INCLUSIVE timing belt KIT I have decided to use for my Chelsea. I like the KEVLAR BELT.
This one costs a bit more but,I think it's worth the peace of mind.

***Kits are engine type/year specific so be sure to get the correct one.
Click the next line to see MY timing belt kit from ECS TUNING

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-New_Beetle--1.8T/Engine/Timing/ES2574556/

Congrats on your New Beetle ownership :D let's see your pix...WE LOVE PIX HERE AT THE ORG!

Glad you found us!!

Be sure to go back and FILL IN YOUR PROFILE INFO ...CITY,STATE & CAR COLOR/MODEL there are other orgers in Georgia

WELCOME!!!
:wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the advice everybody!
I'll be sure to get my timing belt and water pump replaced asap. I don't have any pictures of it right now, but it's a blue '99 2.0 with a manual transmission for those of you who asked.

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
You are VERY welcome! Can't wait to see your pix when you take them. There are a BUNCH of knowledgable beetle people here on the org to help you understand the workings of your new baby.

Huuuummm....have you named her/him yet?? A name will come soon enough :D

Hey!! Check out the LINK in my signature space. It's ACTUAL VIDEO of the T.O.D.5 an ALL new beetle event we have yearly.

We have a blast!!! Maybe you can 'carabug' down with the other Georiga folks who come May 2014.
Mark your calendar :p

Again WELCOME
:D

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts