NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am super excited to "almost" be a New Beetle owner :) My Beetle is currently en route to me and I cannot wait!

I am buying a 2013 New Beetle convertible TDI :)

Just a couple of questions to start - if you can all help I'd appreciate it!!!

First - I need to find a tow hitch license plate holder. In Ohio front plates are required and my beauty doesn't yet have one so I'd prefer not to punch holes in the bumper. Where can I get one that really works well and is reasonably priced??

Second - I have never driven diesel - what kind of gas mileage can I reasonably expect to get?

Thank so much for your help!!

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Hello fellow Ohioian !! not sure off hand where to get the took hook plate holder ( if they are even available anymore ) , try Ebay ? Also I believe you would be in the 30's city driving 40's on highway .. probably a little more depending on how you drive it .. Be sure to come to the Vw show in Pataskla ohio In august its a HUGE vw show :D

·
bojack
9 Posts
Hey everyone! I am super excited to "almost" be a New Beetle owner :) My Beetle is currently en route to me and I cannot wait!

I am buying a 2013 New Beetle convertible TDI :)

Just a couple of questions to start - if you can all help I'd appreciate it!!!

First - I need to find a tow hitch license plate holder. In Ohio front plates are required and my beauty doesn't yet have one so I'd prefer not to punch holes in the bumper. Where can I get one that really works well and is reasonably priced??

Second - I have never driven diesel - what kind of gas mileage can I reasonably expect to get?

Thank so much for your help!!
Check out Craven Speed.......For the tow hook plate mount. $79 - SKU-CRVW-1176

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'll check out Craven speed :)

And that kind of gas mileage sounds amazing!!! I cannot wait....And I am literally 15 minutes from Pataskala - I'll definitely be there!!!! In my cute blue bug!! :)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Thanks! I'll check out Craven speed :)

And that kind of gas mileage sounds amazing!!! I cannot wait....And I am literally 15 minutes from Pataskala - I'll definitely be there!!!! In my cute blue bug!! :)
I got This one for my daughter's NB on eBay. Works well, adjustable and less than $45 shipped

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Welcome! Before you jump on that, keep in mind that is for the 1998-2010 NEW BEETLE. You have a 2013 Beetle. Completely different car although that one looks like it may work, I'm not sure if the tow hook is the same on the NB and the Beetle.

Just be careful when looking for accessories and don't look for ones for the New Beetle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! Before you jump on that, keep in mind that is for the 1998-2010 NEW BEETLE. You have a 2013 Beetle. Completely different car although that one looks like it may work, I'm not sure if the tow hook is the same on the NB and the Beetle.

Just be careful when looking for accessories and don't look for ones for the New Beetle.
Thanks again! I did search (and fine) one that works for the 2013 beetle!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about 2013 diesels but my old 1999 NB gets 46-50 mpg consistently and depending on traffic. Mine are mostly freeway miles and we go about 128 miles per day to work and back. I am approaching 300,000 miles. Good luck and post pictures when you get your new new Beetle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts