VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I've browsed here for a few weeks and i finally registered.

I'm in northeast pa and found orange on the pa/ny border by binghamton ny.

It's a 2002 color concept beetle, orange, 1.8t, 5spd manual trans. Exterior is pretty banged up and the inside was pretty dang dirty also. I've owned many vw's over the past 20 years but this is my first beetle.

I'll get some pictures put up later.

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Thank you for adopting that neglected, limited edition Snap Orange Color Concept New Beetle. Shame on the previous owner! :mad:

Welcome to the Org, we're happy to have you. We Love Pics!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
here are a few pics at various stages in the past week.
in no particular order. I replaced the suspension on all 4 corners due to broken springs. the upper nut was frozen solid so i had to bend the upper cap until it fit through the hole. First time i've ever had to do that. replacing rotors and pads on all 4 corners along with new e-brake cables. put different wheels and tires off of my other project since the tires were shot on the beetle. now i wait for the exhaust to show up.

* i forgot, i replaced the broken rear taillights and burned bulb holders, the headlight buckets that were broken and had drywall screws holding in the headlights and replaced all the headlight bulbs.

It's amazing how some people fix their cars lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the other project that i stole the suspension and wheels/tires from.

2002 jetta pickup truck.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Congrats on the beetle renewal project. You're well on your way.

Liking the step by step photo journal. Keep it up.

AND a Jetta pickup?!?!? Wow!!! Is that the Smyth performance kit? I'd love to have.one of those myself- on a TDI platform
You should start a build thread here in the other rides section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, its a smyth ute kit. I work on it for an hour here n there when i have time. It'll get done someday. lol

As for the beetle, while waiting on the downpipe/exhaust i started tinkering under the hood. I shouldn't have done that because now im deleting everything. :anon::with:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts