VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am originally from Egypt, living in the UAE - Dubai, yesterday was my first adventure with the Beetle 2000 Model.

I just bought one yesterday, its 2.0L engine, running in a good shape (till now) :D

Whenever i buy a car (coz i have my own experience in several BMW`s & VW Golf`s, Mitsubishi Lancer`s, ... ETC, so normally i do my search and try to understand what is going on with the car.

I have had a long reading regarding the ABS lamp and the AIR BAG lamp, which seems to be a well known errors in this car!!

Yesterday had the first run with the car, driving upto 140 KM/H, looks stable - (17 inch rims installed 215/45*17), so i guess its an important reason of the stability feeling :)

Car is lowered, both lamps are switched one, sometimes the AIR BAG lamp disappears, and then turns on again ... ABS is always on ... however i noticed that brake pads needs to be changed .. don`t know if this might be a reason for the ABS lamp or not.

will upload photos later.

Nice to join you guys ... my Original name is Ragaii :):)

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Welcome, we haven't had many members; on here, from the middle east! Welcome! Please, post some pictures of your car; we love pics! I know; there were some interesting New Beetle special editions; sold in the middle east, like the Cup Edition, which looked like a RSi! While, it didn't have the VR6 engine; it had much of the look of the very rare RSi and had the 1.8 Turbo.

2002 NB Cup Edition | All the VW Beetle Special Editions : SE Beetles

To troubleshoot; your airbag and other problems, you will need to get a VW scan tool. If you would start a new thread and discuss your problems further, we will do our best to help! Welcome to the site; I am looking forward, to some pics of your New Beetle! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts