VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been a member for a while but after we no longer owned our 2001 TDI, we have not owned a New Beetle since. We tried a 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible and although fun, was a real grabber of money and time and break-downs. We are now back and wife has a nice NB again.

Nice to be here again although we never left. Just went dormant for a tad while we waited for the new NB to join the family.

TJ

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Welcome back! I know how it is to go dormant for a while and drive other vehicles. I was mostly absent from about 07-13 or so and came back when I got my 13. It's been great reading through old posts now that I also have a 03 TDI to play with.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I'm curios; what kind of problems you had, with your BMW made Mini Cooper? I have heard of transmission failures being a problem; being a German car, I'm sure there are issues, German cars need allot of attention! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curios; what kind of problems you had, with your BMW made Mini Cooper? I have heard of transmission failures being a problem; being a German car, I'm sure there are issues, German cars need allot of attention! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Power Steering, Fuel Pump, Passenger front and rear window regulators. After the power steering we called it a day. Was getting to costly for us to own this mini BMW.

TJ

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Welcome back to the Round Crowd! :party:

·
Beetle Cabrio Driver
54 Posts
Have been a member for a while but after we no longer owned our 2001 TDI, we have not owned a New Beetle since. We tried a 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible and although fun, was a real grabber of money and time and break-downs. We are now back and wife has a nice NB again.

Nice to be here again although we never left. Just went dormant for a tad while we waited for the new NB to join the family.

TJ

Congratulations on your new beetle cabrio!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts