NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this yet? The sing-songy tune "Thank you very much" just makes it perfect.

When I saw it last night, I laughed so hard I had trouble breathing :rotfl: :ha: . The funniest VW spot, personally, since the Jetta shopping-cart tackle. :D

It highlights all the new features of the Passat. I think if VW keeps commercials like that, well then I might just humor myself into nothingness. :p

-Des

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Deserion said:
Anyone see this yet? The sing-songy tune "Thank you very much" just makes it perfect.

When I saw it last night, I laughed so hard I had trouble breathing :rotfl: :ha: . The funniest VW spot, personally, since the Jetta shopping-cart tackle. :D

It highlights all the new features of the Passat. I think if VW keeps commercials like that, well then I might just humor myself into nothingness. :p

-Des
Is that the one with the customs agents or DEA agents or whatever? I liked that. And the sushi one was clever as well.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I like that commercial, but it pains me to see the "crash test" on the monitor, then knowing where that beautiful Passat is off to in the very last shot (the passengers are crash-test dummies......):(

Great commercial, though. VW commercials are light years better than those stupid Toyota commercials (where they cut-in people with comments: Toyota trucks have good looks "I have a picture of my truck in my bathroom!") Oh, I hate those commercials! :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
The Passat ad is really good. The Jetta ads could be better, I don't get them (but perhaps I'm not the demographic they want.. who knows). Where have all the Beetle ads gone? :(

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
FineExampl said:
Is that the one with the customs agents or DEA agents or whatever? I liked that. And the sushi one was clever as well.
No... different commercial. The one Des is talking about features a series of very short vignettes of the fine features of the Passat being utilized to their fullest (a bunny being able to avoid getting run over because of the steerable headlights, a wet umbrella being placed in the nook in the door, plastic shopping bags hanging from the hook in the trunk). The "thank you very much" song is quirky and fun... so you really notice the ad. It's pretty cool.

I do also like the commercial you're talking about, though. The look on the guys face as the agents start taking apart his car is priceless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts