NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just starting to produce some new products, one of which is clear and smoked side markers for the 2012 Beetle. I grew up riding around with my dad in the early Beetles ( he still has 5 or more of them ). When the new Beetle came out, I really liked it as it really draws on those early styling cues. The one thing that always annoys me about modern vehicles is a bright orange side marker up front, especially on a black or white model.

I am just starting to produce a clear and smoked ( or other colors ) version of the side marker for this car. It is molded from the OEM lens and housing so fit and look is exactly the same. These lenses and housings are molded by hand using the highest quality UV treated resins available. I can make about one to two sets per day, so this is more of an art form than an industrial production like the injection molded lenses made in Asia. I've been doing this for close to ten years now. If you've got any questions, or if you might be interested in a set, feal free to drop me an email.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm hoping to move a few sets to make the project worth the time and financial investment. I'll look for the pm, I'm always up for entertaining new ideas. I'll have an idea of price once I pick up the OEM markers this weekend and start making the molds.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am just starting to produce some new products, one of which is clear and smoked side markers for the 2012 Beetle. I grew up riding around with my dad in the early Beetles ( he still has 5 or more of them ). When the new Beetle came out, I really liked it as it really draws on those early styling cues. The one thing that always annoys me about modern vehicles is a bright orange side marker up front, especially on a black or white model.

I am just starting to produce a clear and smoked ( or other colors ) version of the side marker for this car. It is molded from the OEM lens and housing so fit and look is exactly the same. These lenses and housings are molded by hand using the highest quality UV treated resins available. I can make about one to two sets per day, so this is more of an art form than an industrial production like the injection molded lenses made in Asia. I've been doing this for close to ten years now. If you've got any questions, or if you might be interested in a set, feal free to drop me an email.

Can't see the pictures. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts