VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have installed many radio's successfully into cars before including a MK4 Jetta. This 2005 Beetle with Monsoon is kicking my butt or I may just have the wrong install kit. Anyway, I bought a kit off Ebay which included American International VWH-1004 wire harness. This is the trouble spot. The harness has 2 connector boxes and only the bigger one which takes two from the car side fits. the other one either the blades are too big or the thing is just physically too big. Car side is a connector that is actually 3 in one about 1.5 inches across. It contains the red black and orange wires from the car side. Kind of important right? this is frustrating. so the only things being plugged in are the speaker wires. WTF! Anyone know what I am running into? My jetta needed a special thing; PAC C2R-VW2 Volkswagen Radio Replacement Interface. I still have this. do I need it?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A Working Radio! Halleluiah!

Got it working. Apparently only two of the plugs need to be plugged in. The other long narrow plug is redundant or only in use with the factory radio and unnecessary for the after market JVC KD R850BT. We shall see if there is any battery drain or other issues as the days go by.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts