NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our 2006 red one here in SoCal. No packages. Couldn't see anything we wanted in them. Dealer searched the state for the basic we wanted (with black interior), took him a week, said it was only one in the state. We agreed on 20 grand as driveaway price. Slight glitch was it came with a six-disc changer, which we weren't hot to trot about. After a day's palavaring we stonewalled it and said we'd be glad to wait until they could find what we wanted. That evening he called and said "Oh, all right. We'll toss in the changer for no extra cost." Nice touch. Anyway, bit surprised the owner's manual says the changer is not compatible with CDRs. A shame. I have hundreds of them. At least the builtin player takes them. Odd. Still, love the hookup into the sound system for my MP3 player. Oh, yes. Dealer gave us a solar panel device you plug in to trickle charge the battery if we're not planning to drive the bug for a few days. Said the German batteries were notorious for draining off their charge. No reference in the owner's manual to this, or to the solar panel. With less than 24 hours under our belt, will update, as warranted. By the way, swell website. Looks like fun.:D

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Hi, welcome to the org. Have fun with your car.That's funny about the changer , I play homemade cd's all the time in mine.Have they changed that much?Happy cruising!:)

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Our '05 in-dash plays MP3 CDs. I think this is great! :bigthumb:

Welcome to the Org! :wave2: Have fun with your new New Beetle! :party:

Pics, please! :D

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
jduke50347 said:
...Anyway, bit surprised the owner's manual says the changer is not compatible with CDRs. A shame. I have hundreds of them. At least the builtin player takes them. Odd.
Yeah they do, I play 'em all the time in mine...:rolleyes: :D

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Welcome aboard. You are going to love that little car.:)
You will find alot of good info here on the org. and you will meet a lot of great people.:)

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Hi and welcome. My player is full of cd's I burned myself. Are the new ones different?

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome to the Org!!:) A lot of great people here with lots of information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for info on changer. Have no idea if new is different from old. Prompts me, of course, to pop in a host of my homemades and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts