NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place but I just got a recall notice for the sunroof drains on my bug.
It's SERVICE ACTION 60A7/S9 and pertains to all NBs from 2001 - 2007 equipped with sunroofs. It's also for certain Jettas, Audi A4s, Golfs, GTI, and Passats. You'll probably get a notice but I wanted to let people know just in case, for some reason, they don't get the notification...maybe because they're not an original owner etc.
VW will clean, modify and inspect the sunroof drains and tubes. There's also a form to be reimbursed if you've had to pay for any problems in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I have an 08 New Beetle, and I received a letter about mine to have the sunroof drains checked, and the maintenance should be done on this at 40K now, and every 2 years or 40K from then on.

Thanks for posting this thread!

JonK

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never even knew this was something that needed to be done periodically. I checked mine a couple years ago when it was brought up here. There's a thread here explaining how to clean them if they get clogged. I'm just going to have VW fix them and not worry about it.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Yahoo! I have a 00, wondering when my letter will get here...

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I got a notice too, but it pertains to my Touareg! :eek:

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
what is the recall on though? I've had my sunroof drains and severely flood my floors more than once....I've cleaned them myself since. I know I won't get a notice since I'm not the original owner and I DOUBT that VW changed it over to MY name once I bought the car....Glad I know some guys at the dealer...hmmmm....what could they be recalling though?

·
Registered
177 Posts
what is the recall on though? I've had my sunroof drains and severely flood my floors more than once....I've cleaned them myself since. I know I won't get a notice since I'm not the original owner and I DOUBT that VW changed it over to MY name once I bought the car....Glad I know some guys at the dealer...hmmmm....what could they be recalling though?
I'm not the original owner either, and I still got the notification.

·
lurkin all day !
249 Posts
Over the last few months my car has been parked and my drains filled up and got water on the dash area and floor and now I think there is mold in my speakers...my drivers side dash speaker has white stuff in the holes that wasn't there before.
and the area where the sunroof is actually filled with water also. But they already said they wouldn't fix the rust associated with that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not the original owner either, and I still got the notification.
I'm the third owner of my 2003 Beetle and I got my letter yesterday. I bought it from a VW dealer so that may make a difference. I know my front drains are clogged and it flooded my front floor once so, since my driveway is on a slight hill, I park it so the rear of the car is on the downhill end and haven't had any problems for over a year. Thanks to the 5 people in New Jersey who caused this recall....:)

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The recall is due to a class action lawsuit and is on the drains. VW will clean and modify the drains. They also include a form to be reimbursed for any such repairs you're paid for yourself. Let me see if I can take a pic of the notice. I hope this helps and hopefully will help anyone who doesn't get a notice or had to pay out of pocket to fix theirs. In these times, every little bit helps!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I just got another one, probably for my 2003 Turbo S, that I no longer have. The first one was specifically for the Touareg.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got another one, probably for my 2003 Turbo S, that I no longer have. The first one was specifically for the Touareg.
Yes it's not just the Beetle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sunroof recall work has now caused issues I didn't have

I know this thread is a little old but I am curious if anyone else has had this problem ? I took my '02 1.8L Turbo in this past weekend for the ignition coil recall. They told me about the sunroof recall which I HADN'T gotten any notice on, but luckily hadn't had any problems with either.

I am the original owner. Ever since the work was done the "open hatchback" light is lit on my dashboard. I have had to pop open and close my hatch several times to get the light to go off, but it comes back.

And my alarm will randomly go off. It starts and stops on its own. We kept hearing "someone's" alarm going off last night, but every time we went outside to see whose car it was, there was no noise and no one around.

happened again today while I am working from home. my alarm went off and by the time I got to the front door it stopped. 2 minutes goes by and it starts again. I finally go outside to see what's going on and see that it's MY car going off. I had to unlock/disarm and then relock/alarm my car to get it to go off. I have a message into the dealer's service dept. but haven't heard back from them yet.

·
Who is John Galt?
695 Posts
We have an '02 and an '06. Didn't get letters on either one.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Did YOU send in the change in ownership card? Never too late to do so!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
We have an '02 and an '06. Didn't get letters on either one.
Are you the original owner? Have you changed address and not sent in the change of address card on each? Or if not the original owner, did you send in the change of ownership postcards? Are the addresses current? You don't have to have done this though, the recall applies to the car, not the owner! (lol)
Call A Dealer Service Dept. Have the Service Writer verify the recall and that it applies to your vehichles' VINs and make an appointment(s). They can also check the VINs for any other recalls and factory extended warranties.

I've got an '02T and this is the first I've heard about it also. But then I never updated VWs ownership records, and I never had a dealer run the VIN for recalls.

MORAV

1 - 20 of 29 Posts