VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since acquiring my new Beetle(Frankenbug), I have been stalking this site nearly every day for assistance so I figured I oughta make it official&join.
Here's the story: I needed a car desperately and I kinda always had a thing for these cute cars, but never thought I'd own one. I found myself needing to buy a reliable fixer-upper with very little cash,enter Frankenbug. He was being sold dirt cheap after a (light)front end hit & needed some work. Mainly it has been just body work. It doesn't seem that this tank of a car had any mechanical or engine damage really. He was sitting for quite some time,just waiting to be brought back to life.
I will note that I know next to nothing about cars or car repair and literally read & learn as I go. I have friends (one of whom is a HUGE fan of everything VW) helping me when they can, and now the NewBeetle.org site...officially ;) . At the moment we have already pieced together most of the front end (fender & headlights) but I'm going through the trouble-shooting process now for everything else. When I figure out exactly what it is I need to ask, I will be running directly to this site.
Thank you so much for providing such a useful tool for newbies like me! :)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts