NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Well, I've been lurking until I bought a NB and this last weekend I did just that. Attached are a few pictures of it when I picked it up. I live near Redding, CA and drove down to San Diego and picked her up. It was exactly what I was looking for so I made the drive - 1500 miles round trip!!

I was looking for one in this color, but I do not know what the name of the color is? Can anyone tell me?

Anyway, she's a 1.8 turbo, 5 speed, black leather interior with matching colored trim, sunroof, 36K miles!!

I've been a VW owner since my first car in '76 - a '69 bug. I've had one other water cooled VW since then, a '76 Scirocco back in '78 otherwise they've all been aircooled until now. The current fleet is made up of:
'01 Turbo New Beetle
'56 Ragtop Beetle
'69 Fastback
'70 Meyers Manx SR2 (I'll be selling this one off to help pay for the NB!)

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Regards,
Tom C.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Yes...vortex blue with some custom paint mods in the interior. Stock is all black. I should know...I have one too!!! Welcome to the org. In my opinion we have the best color out there!!! ;) Have fun driving your NB and surfing the org. PS...I would have driven 1500 for that car too!

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Beautiful Beetle:) Welcome to the org. You will find lots of people with lots of knowledge when it comes to these little beauty's. Nice to have you here with us:wave2:

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
I notice your name has Flat4 in it.. any connection to the air-cooled Flat-4 parts outfit? Love your Beetle by the way, its too bad the evil curbs took their toll on that lower front corner tho :(

I happen to have a Flat-4 wood-slat NB roof rack for my beetle.. I love it. Built a one-off windjammer for it as well (it was just re-powdercoated and I pick it up today :) )

Welcome to the .org!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello everyone! Thanks for the nice welcome messages.

Vortex Blue huh? Cool, now I know.

Someone mentioned about the blue interior accents. They're not painted. It is some kind of kit that was applied to the interior. Molded in color. Maybe a VW accessory...? All I know is it matches the paint perfectly and I like the little bit of color inside. I did find one other Vortex blue bug with this accent kit inside it when I was looking for a car. Would've bought it but it was in FL. Didn't want to ship it.

Yes, the only mark on it is that front lower passenger side scrape. Someone must've found a parking curb or something. I did not let it keep me from buying the car. I will have it fixed this spring then it'll be perfect!

Already planning some more accessories for the car... ordered a bra for the front and a pair of them for the mirrors, euro headlight switch, rear fog light and harness, and a turbo emblem for the back. ;)

Just wish the ice would melt in my drive way so I could drive it to work!! :frosty:

Talk to everyone later!
Regards,
Tom

P.S. the flat4 in my screen name has nothing to do with the Flat 4 parts company. I came up with it awhile back since all of my VW's at that time were aircooled (flat 4's!).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts