NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In researching some issues I am having with my 2005 jetta 2.5, I came across this forum and although geared towards bettles, hoping there is a VW tech out there that can assist me. Purchased this jetta in June 2012 with 126k miles (has 155 now) and trans went within 3 blocks of a buy here/pay here 'as is' lot and it's been one thing after the next ever since.

Most recently replaced valve cover after engine started misfiring and studdering. Shop cleared all codes but P0108 and tech showed me where MAP was broken. Thought I'd had front end impact (have not). Part price from dealer was $400...figured I could find cheaper. However, EPC light is now coming on intermittently and will not accelerate over 40mph...also has completely shut down while driving or while parked idling on 4-5 occassions and is sometimes difficult to start. Since EPC getting P0322 code as well as PO108.

Could MAP be causing both or is this likely 2 separate issues?

N80 valve I think is bad to because won't start after fueling without giving gas . That's been a known issue for the last several months.

Ps. Single mom of 5..sole transportation, needing to fix immediate/critical issues to get running safely and as cheaply as possible. Have put sooooo much money into this car already it's sickening.

Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

Even though you have a Jetta, there are a lot of commonalities. Look at the 2.5 section and you'll find many answers and visit our FB page and ping Jessica, Smileybug here.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
16706/P0322/000802 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Looks like your stalling could be from a speed sensor.

16492/P0108 - Ross-Tech Wiki

This is info on your MAP sensor. Did you get it replaced?

Are you taking the car to a VW shop? If not, I would get it to one. And not the dealer.

Honestly, I would consider getting the car fixed and maybe selling it for a Honda. VWs are fine cars, but not something I would own on a tight budget.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
16706/P0322/000802 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Looks like your stalling could be from a speed sensor.

16492/P0108 - Ross-Tech Wiki

This is info on your MAP sensor. Did you get it replaced?

Are you taking the car to a VW shop? If not, I would get it to one. And not the dealer.

Honestly, I would consider getting the car fixed and maybe selling it for a Honda. VWs are fine cars, but not something I would own on a tight budget.
I knew Smileybug would have a great answer!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts