VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a new to me 2006 Luna beetle. I just Love him!! 66k on the clock.
I have a couple of questions that are going to sound really silly 馃檲 what鈥檚 the difference between Luna and Jetta please ?
also. I don鈥檛 think my bug has AC so I鈥檓 looking at fitting it retro ( or someone else to馃槀).But any insight into this would be gratefully received.
thanks in advance.

Registered
The 2006-2010 models; were revised, from the 1998-2005 models. VW started with the Mark IV Golf/Jetta platform and then started adding parts from the Mark V platform, 2006 on with the addition of the 2.5L engines, dropping some engines like the 1.8T and adding other parts, from the newer platform.

So, the 2006-2010 models; are a mixed bag, of old and new parts, from the Mark iv/v and shared many mechanical parts from the same era Golf and Jetta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2006-2010 models; were revised, from the 1998-2005 models. VW started with the Mark IV Golf/Jetta platform and then started adding parts from the Mark V platform, 2006 on with the addition of the 2.5L engines, dropping some engines like the 1.8T and adding other parts, from the newer platform.

So, the 2006-2010 models; are a mixed bag, of old and new parts, from the Mark iv/v and shared many mechanical parts from the same era Golf and Jetta.

thank you so much! That makes so much sense now!

Registered
Hi Natnooboo, I also have a luna beetle which I've had for 5 years now and love it to bits, before that I had a year 2000 beetle that I had for 10 years and I found them very simular in many ways but both equally lots of fun to drive

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Natnooboo, I also have a luna beetle which I've had for 5 years now and love it to bits, before that I had a year 2000 beetle that I had for 10 years and I found them very simular in many ways but both equally lots of fun to drive
Thanks. I do love him. I had an old Audi TT before to tide me over for a bit and then I spotted Burt bug ( his name ) and well. I had to have him. I think he needs a few bits doing to him. But I鈥檓 happy to put the work in and jazz him up!
I鈥檝e ordered a new bottom panel console so I can have the AC retro fitted 馃 and now looking at new alloy鈥檚 for him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.