NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm Lisa and I've posted in the new member forum already about my new '08 Beetle ragtop that I've had less that a week now, but my OTHER passion having to do with motorized vehicles is that I own a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 cc scooter that I've named "the Beast!" I've had it since this Memorial Day weekend!

My hubby has 40 yrs of motorcycle riding experience, and for 20 of those years, I've ridden as a passenger on the back of his Yamaha V-Maxes (we've got 2...a 2001 and an '09). The scooter world has evolved enough over the past 5 or 6 years especially so that he feels comfortable with the idea of me having my own bike to ride with him as we go down the back country roads near where we live. So, he got me this maxi-scooter which is basically a 650cc motorcycle with no gear shifting required! My dad bought a 1972 VW Fastback automatic station wagon when I was learning to drive because it took less than 5 minutes to realize that shifting gears and I were NEVER going to get along, and NOTHING about that has changed over the years since!! LOL!! :) So the fact that there's an automatic tranmission 2-wheeled motor bike that I can ride was the tipping point for me getting one! Anyway...my hubby is my riding coach, and we've deliberately gone very slowly in the time I've taken to get comfy with this bike. I took the motorcycle basic safety class and have my motorcycle license endorsement, and I'm almost ready to hit the streets solo! Anyways...I hope to soon be sharing the open roads with my hubby before it gets too cold here in the Fort Worth area!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts