VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Beetle people.
Just bought my first ever 08 Beetle convertible. As she did not come with owners manual I am wondering about maintance? Namely belts, tune up, what should be done and when. I did buy extended warranty since I kept reading breakdown horror stories but would like to know from users what and when should it be done to keep this sweet ride going?

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

As for maintenance most stick to full synthetic every 3-5K and other services like TB and WP are dictated by total miles. How many miles are on your NB?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Miles

My beetle has 55,000 miles and looks and runs well. Want to keep it that way. Figure timing chain and plugs are coming up. As I am not handy this will all be done by a local mechanic.

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!
Most important: if you DON'T KNOW the timing belt AND water pump replacement history that should be high on your list of priorities. If this breaks it will cause serious damage to your motor.

Look for a maintanace (date) sticker on the plasic protective cover of your timing belt.

Hey! Go back and fill in your profile info so we know where you are in the world :rolleyes: there may be other orgers in your area to help you.

Glad you found us!

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts