VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! We have had a few Beetles over the last few years. First a '00 that we still have, an '03 that we just sold because we bought a 2015 Convertible and then found an '06 that we couldn't pass up...they're all diesel and they're all manual 5-speeds, except the '15 is a 6-speed manual. You can't beat the mpg we get 50/mpg with all of them. We did have the turbo on the '00 rebuilt a couple of yars ago and the left strut on the '06 just broke...still can be driven and a common issue. But, I gotta say...these are soooo much fun to drive! They all have/had names, my son and husband don't think it's neccessary, but I do. The '00, yellow, cloth interior, just a "plain Jane"...her name is Daisy, the '03 that we sold, red, cloth interior, heated seats, sunroof...her name was Lily. The new '15, red, leather interior, heated seats, convertible, navigation...her name is Lucy and the '06 that we found, red, leather interior, heated seats, sunroof...I call him Ricky!
My son drives Daisy, my husband has Ricky and, of course, Lucy is mine.
Took her in for her 1st 10,000 mile oil change and they found the oil pan was warped...not sure how that could happen, but they had to keep it for a few days to get a new one in and replace it. When I got home from picking her up, I told my husband and son that she was sooo excited to come home that she was flashing her lights and honking her horn and...she took the long way home!
I really dont think there's a reason not to have a Bug...most people that pull in our driveway think we need and exterminator! until they hear the MPG we get.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
We NEED Pics of your Triple Dubness!! :D

·
Tazzy
25 Posts
Hi there and welcome ....Nice group you have there :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to Pushing Fifity

We're down in Mukwonago, about 35 miles s/w of Milwaukee, not to far from Alpine Valley...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts