VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!! My name's Julie. I'm on my second New Beetle. I had a Silver 2003 New Beetle, traded it for a 2008 Rabbit for a change. Don't get me wrong, I loved my baby bunny but I really felt jealous seeing others driving around in their New Beetles!! So I traded my slightly used Rabbit for a slightly used 2006 Gecko Green New Beetle (23,000 miles on it!!) this past August. This time I did it right!! She has a sunroof, heated seats and this one has a CD player!! My other beetle had a tape player!!

I found the org when looking up some little issues I was having with my bug. We are visiting the dealership tomorrow for an oil change and now to replace a light bulb in the head lamp.. and it begins!! If I didn't love her.. I'd probably be pretty upset!! My interior light is also not turning on all the time when I open the driver's side door. So, we'll see if she does it when they have it!! And the little rectangle that has the info of the mileage and trip that lights up red sometimes comes on when I open the door and sometimes not. I'm wondering what may cause that one.. That I've not found info on here about..

We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Anyone from the Pittsburgh area??

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Welcome Julie!

A BIG Texas WELCOME to the Org, Julie! :wave:

Can't believe your post has been here all afternoon with no one throwing a welcome your way! Not like the usual group around here. Sure this evening will garner a number of welcomers.

Enjoy your "new" Bug and put up some pics, everyone around here loves pics.

And come back and visit and share often!

MORAV

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome to the Org, Julie! And welcome back to the NB. An '06 with only 23K was a great find. YOu'll get all the little problems worked out. Sorry I don't have an answer for you on why the odometer and trip meter is an on and off deal. Hopefully the dealer's techs will find the problem. Looking forward to pics. :) Keep us posted on how things go.

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the Org!:)

There are lots of members around the Burgh.

We usually have a couple of GTG's in Robinson at the QS&L every year.

Keep an eye on the events forum come springtime.

Hope to see you at one.

Enjoy the Bug!

·
treiber gefunden
882 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the beetle :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!!

Day VW in Monroeville, PA got everything squared away for me! Turns out that the interior light and the odometer light was not coming on because of the door latch. That was covered under my warranty. I also got an oil change and a new headlight bulb. She's all fixed up and ready to go!! I think I'll be posting some pictures of her soon!!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Excellent!

Thanks for the welcome!!

Day VW in Monroeville, PA got everything squared away for me! Turns out that the interior light and the odometer light was not coming on because of the door latch. That was covered under my warranty. I also got an oil change and a new headlight bulb. She's all fixed up and ready to go!! I think I'll be posting some pictures of her soon!!
TG for warranties! Read your manual and understand all the different warraties and the time/mileage limitations. Did you have the Dealer check for all recalls [they will usually do this without asking (money in their pocket)]? There have also been Factory extensions of some warranties on certain items.

Get your Change in Ownership card mailed in! If it's missing from your OM, they are available from the Dealer. Your trip in DID NOT do this, and it CAN NOT be done on line!

We're all anxiously awaiting some pics girl! Even in the snow! (lol)

Btw - Noticed the cd player was a "good" thing! You can add a Factory 6cd changer for $40 (NIB) and it is an extremely easy p&p in your console (no screws, etc)! Thought you might like to know! I have links to buy them on line and install info. Search the threads or p/m me.

MORAV

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the info!! The dealership must have done the ownership change over because I already received the extended warranty on the transmission. The sad part about that is that I traded my first silver beetle because of the transmission issue. My car constantly shifted too hard into first and second! I was so afraid that I was going to have to put in a new transmission!! This extended warranty also covers my current 2006 bug. I really could have used that extended warranty 4 or 5 years ago!!!!

I've also read about the fuel line recall. My car is also under that but from what I've read they aren't fixing those until the end of January. I honestly forgot to ask about it to know for sure! I suspect that I'll be back in a week or so for the other headlight bulb. If this bug is anything like my '03 I'll be replacing those every 6 months. I'm hoping not though!!

My '06 has an auxiliary port to plug my iPod into so I'm good as far as that goes! When I had my '03 I was lucky to make the payment let alone buy a 6 disc changer! Since then I've gotten a full time teaching job!! Thank goodness!! Now I can afford this car!! ;)

I posted pictures in the new beetle photos section! Check it out! And thanks again for the info!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Excellent!

Thank you for the info!! The dealership must have done the ownership change over because I already received the extended warranty on the transmission. The sad part about that is that I traded my first silver beetle because of the transmission issue. My car constantly shifted too hard into first and second! I was so afraid that I was going to have to put in a new transmission!! This extended warranty also covers my current 2006 bug. I really could have used that extended warranty 4 or 5 years ago!!!!

I've also read about the fuel line recall. My car is also under that but from what I've read they aren't fixing those until the end of January. I honestly forgot to ask about it to know for sure! I suspect that I'll be back in a week or so for the other headlight bulb. If this bug is anything like my '03 I'll be replacing those every 6 months. I'm hoping not though!!

My '06 has an auxiliary port to plug my iPod into so I'm good as far as that goes! When I had my '03 I was lucky to make the payment let alone buy a 6 disc changer! Since then I've gotten a full time teaching job!! Thank goodness!! Now I can afford this car!! ;)

I posted pictures in the new beetle photos section! Check it out! And thanks again for the info!
Glad the ownership got transferred over. Didn't think it would. Tell me about this fuel line thing, I've got an '03 Turbo that I had to pay to have the line replaced. Yeah I've got the jack also, just to old to be up on MP3s and iPods! Congrats on the teaching position, my Daughter is certified, subs, but just hasn't been able to nail down a full time position. When the economy turned down, ex-teachers, with lots more experience came out of the woodwork!

Been a lot of talk around here lately since the tranny notice was mailed out! As soon as you get any indication of a problem get your butt to the Dealership because the warranty is very limited.

Saw your pics, nice...

Hope you stay around the Org!

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I also got a new headlight bulb.
Oh yeah, for future reference, you always change halogen headlight bulbs in pair (I can't believe the Service Writer didn't suggest). There is a significant degradation in both their color and brightness as they age (nature of the beast). As a matter of fact, unless color and brightness matching are not an issue, when you do change the other side you'll want a H7 bulb of the same brand and tradename if applicable i.e. Sylvania Silverstar

MORAV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts