NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post...

I own a 99 NB. Over the past 20+ years, I have only own VWs...1962 rag top, 1966 type1 with sunroof, 1991Jetta GLI, 1998 NB, 2004 Jetta and 2009 Jetta.

I bought the 99 as a father and son project. So when he turns 16 (in 7 years!) he can drive the car instead of taking the bus. In the meantime, I'm the one enjoying the car. Does that makes me a bad father?!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Nah, you're not a bad father at all. You're giving your son a car...enough said:D Plus, you and the ol boy will be investing effort and memories into the bug. He'll really appreciate it once He gets behind the wheel.

A BIG welcome from Jacksonville, FL. Mighty glad to have you here. Along with myself and the Jacksonville contingency, you have a great group of folk in the Orlando/Tampa Bay area, who are a big part of this forum AND a part of the North/Central FL new beetle scene. Matter of face, there's a VW show that we participate in at Old Town Kissimmee, called Jingle Bugs Rock. Many of the Tampa/Orlando/Jacksonville folk will be there... you and your son should join us.

Welcome to the org family:wave2:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!
Hello from the warm reaches of North Carolina!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am doing the same thing! I bought a yellow bug in February and just love it. My daughter is 14 and is claiming the car when she turns 16. I have two years to enjoy it and it will be a nice cute car for her to drive. It's a stick shift so that will also limit her ability to try and text and drive at the same time.
This is my first post...

I own a 99 NB. Over the past 20+ years, I have only own VWs...1962 rag top, 1966 type1 with sunroof, 1991Jetta GLI, 1998 NB, 2004 Jetta and 2009 Jetta.

I bought the 99 as a father and son project. So when he turns 16 (in 7 years!) he can drive the car instead of taking the bus. In the meantime, I'm the one enjoying the car. Does that makes me a bad father?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts