NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drove by a car lot last weekend and saw a 2008 convertible New Beetle that my wife loved the looks of so did a bunch of research and decided to check it out. It's sitting in our driveway. We've had various air cooled bugs for years and currently have a sweet little 73 Super Beetle that I bought for my wife several years back so this is a giant "beetle leap" for us. What a sweet car! Gonna have to take a picture of the two beetles together. We were tickled when we looked in the glove compartment and saw an owners manual. And then after we closed the deal it turned out to be a book showing where all the dealers are at. Darned replacement manuals are over $79 plus shipping. My life story... Thanks to this site I've figured out how to latch the top open (it's a manual top) but have struck out on finding anything showing where to find the model code and option codes on the car. Still digging though. Thanks to all who have posted all of the great info!

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible! :party:

We will help you learn anything you need. I hope you have so much fun! :clap:

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
I've also owned Classic air-cooled Beetles over the last 35 years but just bought an 06 Beetle Convertible about six weeks ago. Taking her for her first 40,000 maintenance visit. These people on this forum are a HUGE help for anything you may need! I can't wait to see your new Beetle! I'm so amazed how comfortable they are besides being such a great ride and so much fun as a vert!

Welcome to the forum :)and I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing more from you!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Congrats and WELCOME TO THE ORG!!!

Can't wait to get a peek at your new vert :D

:p

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes and info! I'm not sure how the photos work here so tried inserting one that I took yesterday. It shows it as an attachment so we'll see how it shows up.
Wow - it worked! You can teach an old dog new tricks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!
Thanks for the Facebook link! Great info on there, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've also owned Classic air-cooled Beetles over the last 35 years but just bought an 06 Beetle Convertible about six weeks ago. Taking her for her first 40,000 maintenance visit. These people on this forum are a HUGE help for anything you may need! I can't wait to see your new Beetle! I'm so amazed how comfortable they are besides being such a great ride and so much fun as a vert!

Welcome to the forum :)and I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing more from you!
They are comfortable, at least to ride in. I'm not sure about driving it. My wife says she'll let me drive it when it needs gas. She also says I get to do the cleaning and detailing. Lucky guy, huh?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible! :party:

We will help you learn anything you need. I hope you have so much fun! :clap:
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. I'm a journeyman mechanic but in the heavy duty automotive and heavy equipment fields so have to be retrained every time I work on a car and since I do most of my own work on our cars will be begging for info shortly, I'm sure. Only plans at this point is to do a brake job including replacing the brake rotors with drilled and slotted rotors. Someone threw front pads on it recently without turning the rotors, which normally isn't an issue if you don't have pedal pulse, but one rotor looks like it ran metal on metal for a bit. Doesn't speak well for the maintenance it got from the second owner for the past 14 months but could have just caught them off guard, too. First owner had it on a 36 month lease and had it serviced at the dealer, all on schedule, 14 months of just being driven should be okay. I hope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts