NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, just purchased a 2000 VW beetle 1.8 turbo and so far I love the way this car looks and drives. I'm located in DFW area and wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I found this site when I searched for cleaning out the carpet and found a very useful post here. I was able to clean out the car just fine but now the only thing I have left from that is the airbag light that stayed on. Can anyone give me some insight as to how to reset this light? Any help would be greatly appreciate it and also thanks in advanced....

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Hey!
I would normally just post this up and run away...
http://newbeetle.org/forums/technical-how/533-vag-com-sharing-thread.html

Where are you located in the DFW area? - I'm in the Addison/Farmers Branch area. Can't say for sure what availability I will have this coming weekend. Looks like there is/was a member in Rockwall as well that has one.
I haven't plugged mine in in a while so I would have to make sure everything still is operational with my software and cable.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Not sure why you need a VAG-COM not the air bag light... It could be as simple as a bad wire under the seat. They like to break form the constant moving of the seats. There is a thread here about it. I hope you get this all figured out.

BTW. If youre interested there is a GTG this fall in Oklahoma on the talimena scenic drive. Check it my signature. Love to have ya. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcome..

I'm in the Garland/Mesquite area, would be awesome if anyone close could help that's near me, if you need to reach me I can send you my cell on a private message, thanks.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to the org! It's always nice to see another fellow Texan here. I'm down here in Central Texas just a few hours away from you. :) P.S. I lived up there off of Jupiter and Beltline when they were building that high five,a few years back. Also worked in about five different Service King body shops in that area. If you need any body or paint work let me know, there is a really good custom shop out there in Little Elm Texas that I can refer you to.:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you....

for the warm welcome to the forums, I'm enjoying driving my VW, I have never own one before and now that I do I love it. Hope to get start it soon on it and get some mods soon....

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
a warm welcome to the greatest Beetle site (ORG) on the web. We love photos, hope to see some of your Beetle soon!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts