NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom steelies with a deep dish look. What do you all think of these?

Attachments

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Hrm... its sort of a NASCAR look. I guess its better than hubcaps if someone is on a budget. :)

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
custom

What I like on that Golf are those
yellow Lamin-x'd headlights.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Functionally they're fine. aesthetically, they don't look very much different than regular steel wheels.

Perfect if he wants the ghetto-fab look. I like how it all ties in and such. But yeah, I don't think they compare to black powdercoated arista's or anyting like that....

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
:hurl:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
At least chrome them out or something. I can't stand the black rim trend.

I do however like redline tires. Saw a GTI the other day with redline rims that looked really sweet. The guy thought i was checkin him out though i think...eek. No sir, not you...just the wheels. Also like yellowline tires. I want redlines on my Beetle, but yellow would match my scheme as well.

I disapprove of ALL black rims, steelies or otherwise.

john

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
hygieneboy said:
Looks like he's rolling on 4 spare "donut" tires at first glance. I like black wheels but not on this one. Maybe in person it looks better?
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Now, I would prefer this wheel to the bling-bling wheels some people are pimpin'. Personally, I don't care for bright shiny chrome wheels. Too each his own.

·
Registered
142 Posts
think it looks sick as hell!!! It alot better than some bling bling crome rims. I run all black steelies in the winter to keep my BBS's safe from salt and snow. I love the red outline on them. I give it a big thumbs up for being differnt.Only thing that would make it better is some fat whitewalls on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tell you what...Get a nice set of center caps in brushed aluminum or another contrasting color of your choice. They'll look finished...and they'll look fine! IMO!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts