NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MQQN PIE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have my windshield replaced after a rock cracked it on the expressway. Anyway, after the replacement, my wipers keep missing areas. I had rain-x wipers, which worked fine until the crack. This was 6 months ago. Well, it's been getting worse so I figured I'd buy some new wipers. I bought Bosch Icons. The same bloody spot keeps getting missed. It's only on the downswipe. It's driving me bonkers. Do you think there is an adjustment to the arms that I need to do? When he replaced the windshield, he removed the arms and then re-installed them. Any opinions out there on this? I posted in general technical modifications cause I don't think it matters that I have a Turbo 1.8.

·
MQQN PIE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the glass is wavy... Probably a Pinkerton piece. Sekurit Is the original equipment manufacturer for the glass in these cars. How much did you pay?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I paid $120.00, because it was an insurance claim. I don't know who the maker is, but I have a lifetime warranty on it. How would I be able to tell if it's wavy? I wouldn't want to make the shop come out and bother if that's not what was wrong, but it does seem weird. Could they have put the wiper arms on wrong, and by that I mean the passenger and the drivers side switched?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts