NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NewBeetle.org members...

As you know, our community here at NewBeetle.org is driven largely by the support of our sponsors -- both individuals and corporate. For many years we have sold banner ads on the site in order to generate funds that are used to help pay for the site hosting, maintenance, and various other costs associated with running NewBeetle.org. Recently, I've refreshed the NewBeetle.org corporate sponsorship program. The changes will not be very visible to individual users, but I wanted to point them out, nonetheless.

In essence, what we're done is placed is a large emphasis on only selling ads to sponsors who truly have something of value to provide to our members. Many sites will do just about anything to make a few cents off your mouse-clicks -- selling ads to anyone who asks, joining countless affiliate programs, etc. We've decided, instead, to focus our advertising efforts on companies who have great New Beetle-related services and products to offer you. We think this is a win-win situation. The advertiser gets a very specific targeted audience for their ad, and you get exposure to new products and services that very well might be of interest to you as a New Beetle driver. We're also limiting our number of advertising slots to six at any given time. Rather than bombard you with hundreds of different ads for anything and everything, we'd like to showcase a few choice products or services that we really believe can benefit our members.

You can read more details about the sponsorship program on this page:

http://newbeetle.org/sponsors/sponsorship.php

What it really boils down to is respect. We value you as members of this site, and we want to treat you as such. We don't want to just exploit you to any company that comes our way offering us a few pennies if we refer you to their site. We want our ads to be as useful and helpful as the rest of this site has proven to be. You can now count on the fact that if it's being advertised at the top of the forum pages, it's because it's a product or service that is related to the New Beetle and we thought you might like to know about.

So, we hope you'll take the time to click-through to our sponsor's sites and see if there's anything there you might be interested in. If you get a chance, thank our sponsors for their support -- even if you aren't interested in their product. This site wouldn't be able to exist without them! And, of course, if you know of a company or product that our users would find interesting, do NewBeetle.org a favor and suggest they sponsor this site!

Thanks again, members, for your continued support.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
wawalker said:
I can't tell you how much I appreciate that--it is what makes this a very classy and enjoyable site. Thanks.
agreed. i think this is a great approach jeff. thanks for thinking about US as well as our sponsors! :goodjob:

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Ditto from me. It's nice to see that there are more things I can buy! Nice and bad. Because now I might buy more things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts