VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The moment you've been waiting for is finally here! No not free taco day, The Newbeetle.org reorg! That's right, we're finally getting the 2012+ Beetle integrated into the org!

Autoguide should be making changes the changes for us and then the mods will begin moving any 2012 posts into their new homes.

Along with the 2012 additions, some forums have been moved to different categories. For example the Gallery category is gone, but the member and other rides forums will be moved to the Community section (same as Hoo-Ha). As well, the GTG photo forum is going to be moved to Even Announcements & Planning. Just know that NOTHING is being deleted. All posts will still remain, however some may be archived. Archived posts can still be viewed, just not replied to.

Please be patient over the next few days while the changes are made. If you need any help finding something, don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Has there been any thought; into creating a "faq", so we can have info that people can refer to and not have to answer the same questions over and over again? :confused: This maybe redundant; as other sites, have excellent info but as an example, www.myturbodiesel.com has a excellent faq, that could be used as an guide for us to follow.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This hasn't been talked about to my knowledge. It may be possible to get some type of page set up where links could be posted, but we may be better off having just a post with links to specific topics in various forums that are made sticky. I'll talk with the mods/admin and see what everybody thinks.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
The lack of a faq or permanent sticky; has long, been a primary weakness of this site. The info people need to find; has been scattered everywhere for as long as the site has been in existence. This is frustrating and if everything was organized and easy for people to find, it would really make the site that much more valuable as a info resource.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
^ I agree. I often know that there are threads on certain topics, but they can be hard to find, even for someone like me who is on this site a lot and has been here for over a decade. An FAQ page would be a really nice addition.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can check with AG about getting a FAQ page set up once we get all the reorg ironed out. In the meantime, if you want to put something together to get us started I make it a sticky in which ever forum(s) you would like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts