VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking, researching and reading a lot on this forum over the last month or so. We purchased a 2004 NBC with about 22k miles. Her name is Tangie and she just got a new top replacement yesterday. Hope to share more and learn more here ? Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle Vehicle Car Orange Red Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Welcome to the Org! You will love it here. If you have questions, let us know, we are a pretty smart crew!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Tampa Bay Area?

Wow! Did you land in a great spot! There are Beetle lovers of all flavor over there! Water Bug owners from all over the state drive to Coney Island Hot Dogs in Brooksville just to have New Beetle get togethers!

You will be in great company!

Gorgeous car. I love the bright orange.

Welcome from Jacksonville!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you're willing to travel a bit further, we also have GTGs geared specifically for New Beetles and 21st Century Beetles in Roswell, New Mexico, Bryson City, North Carolina, and Poteau, Oklahoma. :)
I'll keep that in mind! We do need to take a road trip soon & see what my Bug is really made of! :)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Shame on me for not mentioning our most excellent get together schedule.
As Pat mentioned, we have several must-attend water beetle events:

-Roswell NM...The grand daddy of them all.
About to happen within the next month. It's an every other year event. Roswell is a GtG, car show and street parade, with games, UFO Museum tour and other cool bits in between. Roswell is the first major nationwide GtG, and the county's oldest new beetle convention.

-Tail Of the Dragon (TOD) Held the first Saturday in May, yearly, in Bryson City, NC. TOD is a GtG road rally, centered around US129 in the NC/TN mountains; a highway famous for 318 curves in 11 miles. TOD has become an international event, yet has a laid-back family feel...like most of your new beetle GtG's

-Talimena Scenic Drive
Now entering it's 3rd year, TSD is a scenic weekend event, featuring a day cruise through the Arkansas mountain region.

There's other GtG's throughout the year as well, and new ones forming- stay tuned. But the 3 aforementioned have been and are becoming staples in the new beetle GTG landscape. Hope to see you at one.

Oh, and looks like the St. Augustine gtg will re-emerge this September. I'm currently working with one of the original attendees to make this happen once again. I'll keep you posted.

As you can see, we're an active bunch :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts