NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a 2000 2.0 for my girlfriend. It was in decent shape, just some minor issues. The drivers window wouldnt go back up, so replaced the regulator, and then had to replace the Window motor because of finding stripped nylon gears. Also replaced the vinyl in the door panel insert with suede, and fiber glassed the cracked door handle while was at it. After I get it all back together, the window works great now but the doors won't lock or unlock with the remote or by the unlock switch on the door, they just unlock/lock with the key. Also the fuel door now won't open. I checked the appropriate fuse, it's good. Remote works as far the alarm, just wont unlock or lock either door. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I agree with D2. There are a lot of wires to plug back in on that door. Hopefully it is not the one on the inside of the carrier assembly (won't affect the fuel door though). My guess would be you did not plug the latch back in.

I had to fiberglass my interior door handle mounting point on as well, worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it back off twice already now, not missing anything with the wiring harness. The window came from the junkyard, wondering if it can be the door control module on the motor.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I had it back off twice already now, not missing anything with the wiring harness. The window came from the junkyard, wondering if it can be the door control module on the motor.
Did you take carrier assembly out or just the door panel? The plug for the latch behind the carrier assembly, where the window is.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts