NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My names Verity, I'm 21, and live in Worcestershire, UK.
I own a mkV Polo (6n2) GTI (it's my 4th polo) which I absolutely love to pieces, but I hope to one day also own a New Beetle

I've loved the new beetle since they first came out (I would have been 10- so half my life :D) and have been determined to own one one day.

I'm pretty knowledgeable with regards to VWs, Polos and Lupos being my strongest subject, closely followed by Golfs. But I realised recently I know very little about Beetles (except for what colours I like)

I stumbled apon this forum the other day, and have been lurking around pretty much non-stop since.
So I decided today to join up, and hopefully get my Beetle Knowledge up to scratch, so I know exactly what I'm getting when my time comes to buying my very own Beetle

My Polo has quite a few modifications mainly to the engine.
But at the moment I'm just trying to get him looking like new again, as he's beginning to show his age (the english weather doesn't help) And add a few new gadgets, stolen from newer VWs.
I'm quite lucky, as my Boyfriend works at our local VW Dealership, so I get all my Original VW parts at discount, and have all my work done by the techs (If it's not something Jack or I can do ourselves.) So I know I should be able to take really good care of my future NB
I'm also hoping my dream Beetle will one day get traded in, at our dealers, and he'll surprise me with it *well, a girl can dream ;) *

Anyway thank you for reading, and I really look forward to learning lots from you all.

Kindest regards, Verity

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Welcome to the org!

Your Polo GTI is cool ride and the color is perfect
(ha ha, my Beetle is silver, so I´m little bit partial with that subject) :D

You will find lot of information here dealing with New Beetle.
So take your time and browse around here ;)

Greetings from Finland.

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Welcome to the Org!~ :wave2:

I love that you are a VW Gal, like me! :D

Have fun with your search, and Don't Settle. The right one will "call out" to you. Trust me on this. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,808 Posts
Hey! We all started our Beetle love affair; not unlike you... maybe just liking its shape! From a mechanical point of view; the new beetle is essentially a mark iv platform car; not unlike the jetta, golf; by the way... I have hear the polo is coming over here to the states! There is a UK based author who has written a couple of books about the new beetle; you might check it out. Keith Seume is his name and has written many books about VW's, writes articles in magazines like Volksworld and he is the Managing Editor of 'Ultra VW'. Here are some of the books that you might check out in your quest to learn more about the New Beetle: some are a little dated, as they were published when the New Beetle came out in 1998 but still provide good info. I have the " NB performance handbook"; while it is geared towards improving your New Beetle; it also provides the development, history, overall options available and lots of pictures, info of the new beetle up until early 2000's.

Vw Beetle Performance Handbook: ISBN-13: 978-0760309094

Vw Beetle Performance Handbook: Amazon.co.uk: Keith Seume: Books

The Beetle [Paperback] ISBN-13: 978-1571455659

The Beetle: Amazon.co.uk: Keith Seume: Books

The New Beetle (Enthusiast Color) [Paperback] ISBN-13: 978-0760306444
Matt DeLorenzo
The New Beetle (Enthusiast Color): Amazon.co.uk: Matt DeLorenzo: Books

The New VW Beetle [Hardcover] ISBN-13: 978-0681113954
Jonathan Wood

The New VW Beetle: Amazon.co.uk: Jonathan Wood: Books

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the org!

Your Polo GTI is cool ride and the color is perfect
(ha ha, my Beetle is silver, so I´m little bit partial with that subject) :D

You will find lot of information here dealing with New Beetle.
So take your time and browse around here ;)

Greetings from Finland.
thank you:)
Ive spent ages last night looking at your picture thread. beautiful NB and amazing photos!
Silver is deffinatly one of the best colours ;)

Welcome to the ORG :wave3:
Thank you :)

Welcome to the Org!~ :wave2:

I love that you are a VW Gal, like me! :D

Have fun with your search, and Don't Settle. The right one will "call out" to you. Trust me on this. :wink2:
Deffinatly a VW gal! love them with a passion :D

Thank you, I cant wait for the day I find my dream beetle :p
I dont think ill be able to stop myself from hugging it. haha

Hey! We all started our Beetle love affair; not unlike you... maybe just liking its shape! From a mechanical point of view; the new beetle is essentially a mark iv platform car; not unlike the jetta, golf; by the way... I have hear the polo is coming over here to the states!
Thank you so much for all that info! Will deffinatly look into getting those books!!

ive heard your getting the latest model, the 6r, beautiful little car. very easy to drive. stylish front end, great on fuel (especially the Bluemotion- im light footed as it is, but when i took one of those out the MPG was just amazing.) how ever i would always choose a beetle over the 6r ;)

·
Wanna Walnetto young lady
178 Posts
Welcome to the Org!:) I too had the dream of owning a New Beetle. I was driving a Corvette, which I traded for my Beetle 3 years ago, and have never regretted it. The Beetle is just a fun car to drive.:D

I was hoping we were going to get the Up, but we are not.:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You.
the Beetle deffinatly seems to be one of those cars that you never regret buying. anyone ive spoken to in person about their NB has said how much they love it, and would have to find something Really Really speical to replace it.

shame about the up! im really looking forward to them coming out here. they look rather cute and funky :p.

what sort of VWs do you guys get in America? (other then the Beetle and Golf/Rabbit) ive been to the USA a few times, but never thought about it before to pay any attention. :eek:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,972 Posts
Unfortunately we don't get the really cool stuff you get in Europe :(

But right now there is the Jetta/GLI, Golf/GTI, Beetle, Passat, Eos, Tiguan, Touareg, Sportwagon, CC, and Routan. I hope we can get something like the Up! or Polo soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts