VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Beetle 2.0 and need to know if when you engauge key to halfway position, should'nt you hear the fuelpump being pressurized by relay, because i'm not and i cannot start my beetle. I checked my fuse and relay(just by touch)and both are good. Also checked power to wire harness(red/blue wire)with key in halfway position and it shows no power. HELP!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Questions:

1. when you say it "won't start"; do you mean, the starter won't turn over or do you mean, the engine won't run, when you turn it over with the starter?

2. When you open the door; you should hear the fuel pump. Do you hear it; at all?

3. Tell us more; about how the car has been running historically and how this "no start" condition presently, happened?

We had a thread; where we did quite a bit of troubleshooting on a fuel pump with a situation similar to yours. Testing and diagnostic info is there; along with pics and good info:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-5-liter-gas/85146-what-ignition-parts-can-fail-hot-motor.html

Which engine do you have? Fuel pressure specs and other info; may be different (e.g. 1.8T, 2.0L, 1.9L TDI etc.).

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

Please tell us more!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts