NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, My name is Steve, up until recently I have thought that the Beetle is a hunk of junk and would never own one. When they first came out I thought they were the worst looking car on the road, slightly above the Fiat Multipla, the Fiat is still the ugliest design on the road but the Beetle is now quite cute.

Yesterday I returned from a 1,000 mile journey to collect a 2000 Beetle or Bubba as they are known here for my partner (Yes she is worth it). Throughout the journey I became more and more impressed with her (the car not the GF). Today is my first chance to look her over (again the car not the GF) and set to on some of the things I noticed that needed attention.

To cut a long story short, I am now a proud Bubba owner (well part of one, my GF owns it, I still love my Mitsubishi)

Happy to be part of the group

Steve

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Welcome! :wave: I think the Beetle is beautiful too....but agree that driving one really wins people over. Glad you are here! There's a wealth of info and people more than willing to help you as you address the things you've found need attention on your Beetle.

We love pictures! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bubba

Thanks for your welcome .. Just so you know:

She is a 12 year old but looks 2, 2.0 manual (Stick for those of you over the pond) in some sort of slime green that you will never lose in a parking lot. The problems so far have been front speakers not working which I sorted today. N/S side light out, O/S headlight out with broken release catch, again both done today. I was about to post regarding getting the light out when the catch is broken but someone has already done that.

Other faults:

Check engine is on, Now off, changed lambda sensor.
Airbag warning is on, Now off, cleaned and refit airbag sensor under drivers seat.
Dead short to Auxiliary power sockets and cigarette lighter,
Trunk/boot not closing correctly, Now Fixed, problem with lock not returning after opening.

If anyone has any advice regarding the above I would appreciate a post, if not when I have rectified the faults I will let you know the outcome. I am a mechanic/engineer for over 30 years so I will get to the bottom of it :)

This is my partner Dejana, or Deja to her friends. Now a proud owner of a New Beetle that she has been nagging about for the past year, it took me some time to find 'the one' but I think it was worth the wait. As you can see her last mode of transport was somewhat slow but slightly better than a Fiat Multipla.

This is me, Steve or Frog to my friends, drove my first car at 12 years old, worked in a garage at weekends, qualified mechanic, 6 years military, qualified diving instructor, search and rescue, 6 years Navy qualified Chief Engineer, Professor of Engineering, now newbie Beetle Mechanic :)

Steve

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
hi steve and welcome to the org family. OMG man!!! That Fiat Multipla IS ugly.... WOW!
Anyhoo welcome to the org family. By the sound of things, you & the g/f never have a dull moment- LOL. Hope to see you here often, with progress on your bug, and pictures to boot.

Sent via my Samsung Exhibit II4G Android phone & AutoGuide.com app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts