NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the fourm and I need some help.
My wife is the beetle owner. She is also the one who put a hole in the transmission oil pan. It is a 2008 2.5 with automtic. I have ordered the new pan and a gasket, but I have not figured out how to get the fluid in the transmission. I have not located the dip/filler stick. Do you turn the vehicle over and fill the trans prior to putting the pan back on? I see where the gear shift linkage goes in thr top of trans. Is this the fill point? Any help you can spare an old man would be greatly appreciated. If someone could lead me to some mainteniance information on line, it will help a lot. thank you

dale

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newbie with trans problem

Thank you for the link. Now I am more stressed than when I started. I may take it to a dealer and pay the price. I will look for the filler point tomorrow. I need a shower and a stiff drink to get my courage back. This little car is intimidating me.

dale

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
No, just take a deep breath! No reason to be stressin', you're learnin'! I actually though the turnin' it upside down idea was pretty resourceful. If you do that, can you do a video "How-to"? :D
M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts