NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Keep in mind, it is a vag solution from eastern europe; the pro version, has the extended capabilities and there is some in app profit driven, opt in purchasing schemes built into it. There is a support site and forums you can join but it is no where near a long time mature product like vcds by ross tech. That being said; it is a vw specific scanning solution and it is very convenient to use, instead of being tethered to a windows based device, like a tablet or laptop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On the coolant temp light; here are the modes and their meanings:

Blue coolant light = engine cold
Flashing blue coolant light = fault in the coolant monitoring system
Flashing red coolant light = low on coolant
Steady red coolant light = engine overheating, pull over and stop engine IMMEDIATELY and do not run until the problem has been identified.

I have had a temp light that blinked, never went beyond blue and in my case, the wiring to the plug; going to the coolant temp sensor was broken. I went ti my vw dealer; got a new temp sensor, plug and replacement terminal end wires. This was a common fault according ti them and replacing those parts, fixed the problem.
Thanks never knew those ‘colors codes’ keep meaning to install a temp indicator. Second car in a row that didn’t have this simple gauge that is so important , specially on my old cars!!

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Volkswagen was trying to replicate the simplicity of the speedo cluster; from the air cooled era Volkswagens. There was a very simple speedo face, that had a light for the generator and a light for the oil pressure, that was it. If you look at the same era Jetta or golf; they had a typical complement of gauges, that a normal car would have.

Get something like a OBD II wireless adapter; like a ELM 327 and an app, like Dashcommand, on your phone. Then, you can have all the data pids you want; in a configurable gauge screen, that you would like to have and have displayed like a normal gauge cluster in a car.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts