What'cha got? We Need Details! :D

Oh, and pictures would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Hi,
Just a Quick Hello From me,
Form Sunny England :)
A quick hello back atcha from me, from icy Florida...lol. Welcome to the org. It is a great place full of great people.

I agree with dnyed...watcha got and let's see some pictures. We all love pictures here. I love the way the euro cars differ from the same exact model/year here in the states. People here work hard to change out their side markers, emblems, etc to euro ones and from what I've heard commented on my pics it seems that people there want to switch to US stuff. Either way they come...beetles are the bestest, coolest, cutest little round cars I've ever had the pleasure to meet :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum

Hi All:
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum from Colorado. But I have question that I am hopping that someone can answer. I have 98 Beetle with a cracked fuel rail. Does anyone know if I can replace that part with a fuel rail off a Golf, Jetta or Passat? And if so, what year must it be:)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Hi All:
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum from Colorado. But I have question that I am hopping that someone can answer. I have 98 Beetle with a cracked fuel rail. Does anyone know if I can replace that part with a fuel rail off a Golf, Jetta or Passat? And if so, what year must it be:)
The new beetle is built on the MK4 chassis, with many of it's workings. Not looking at a Bentley manual at the moment, but If you should have the same engine as your MK4 counterpart i.e. 2.0 engine.

I'm sure someone with a manual can confirm or correct my statement.

Welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Hi,
Just a Quick Hello From me,
Form Sunny England :)
Always a pleasure to have new members join our family, especially from such an awesome place as England. Welcome aboard.

Hope to see a photo thread of your new beetle soon:wave2:

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Always a pleasure to have new members join our family, especially from such an awesome place as England. Welcome aboard.

Hope to see a photo thread of your new beetle soon:wave2:
See? I told you we all love pictures around here...lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Ride

In 2009
I bought a 2000 model,
was very dirty & run down,

she is a Standard Model, 2lt, no extra's
She is Silver, & in need or a lot of TLC.

Pictures are Now up in the photo gallery

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
In 2009
I bought a 2000 model,
was very dirty & run down,

she is a Standard Model, 2lt, no extra's
She is Silver, & in need or a lot of TLC.

Pictures are Now up in the photo gallery
You and scarabY2K have something in commen...his is a 2000 model also but in black. I'm sure between you as an owner and this site as a motivator/wealth of information, you will have your beetle TLCed up in no time :cool:.

...jumps and clicks to open photo thread in another tab...

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I went to your picture thread but I couldn't reply to it because I got this message every time I tried...

newbeetle.org said:
IggysMom, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Your pictures are actually in the photo thread for people pics instead of bug pics. I am new enough to this place that I have never even gone to that spot yet; but it appears that none of those threads are reply-able because I get the same message with all the others I tried as a test there. dnyed is a moderator and I think she can move it to the ride photo thread so we can all tell you everything good we want to say about your bug, like this...

Your bug looks great. I can't tell from the pics what kind of TLC it needs. It looks awesome on the outside. I know all my baby's TLC needs are on the interior though (plastic pieces that love to dry rot and fall apart), I'm finding junk yard replacements for most of what I need for her little by little. I am doing the same as you...not much money so I will do cheap mods as I am able and more expensive ones once in a blue moon as money allows.

I also really love the picture of your old yellow bug when you got it...it looks so happy, but yellow bugs always look happy, don't they? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts