NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm new. My name is Abbey.

I have a bright orange VW New Beetle 2002. It was customized that color. We got it from my mom's hair stylist, who was selling the car.

I just got my driver's license Sept.30, 2010. So I'm new to driving still. At least, it feels that way. I am obsessed with every little thing about my car. I worry a lot.lol. So I have a feeling I may end up posting here a lot.

My mom named the car the Pumpkin when we first got it.

In the last two months, I've had to take the pumpkin in to get fixed. I notice a lot of times, the problems I get, are intermited.

First I had the brake pads and the rotor replaced and taken care of. Second thing was the liftgate latch for the trunk. Recently, it was the voltage regulator. It KAPUT on me on my way to get it looked at. that was a fun experience.......

I keep expecting and waiting for something else to go wrong. because it seems every week or every two weeks there is something.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome Abbey and pumpkin. you will find alot good members here that can help on problems and give advice, ideas to take care of pumpkin.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
I am obsessed with every little thing about my car. I worry a lot.lol. So I have a feeling I may end up posting here a lot.
If the orgers (new beetle.org members) thought this way, the owner as well as their beetles would be much happier.

Hi Abbey and welcome to the beetle family. Congrats on getting pumpkin!

We strongly suggest that orgers post here to the extreme. We're a beetle-loving community, who enjoy all kinds of beetle talk, as well as planning beetle get togethers (GtG's)- so your frequent posting is not only welcome, but refreshing to hear:)

Hope to see a photo thread of your pumpkin up soon. Although you're still getting your driving skills mastered, maybe you and mom can join us for the 4th annual Tail Of The Dragon GtG/cruise/weekend, next May, in Bryson City North Carolina. It's an experience of a lifetime.

Again, welcome aboard:wave2:

·
'Mary Jane' 08 Blue SE
34 Posts
Welcome! I love the name of your car. I'm still trying to name mine. I hope he/she speaks to me soon!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Abbey and pumpkin. you will find alot good members here that can help on problems and give advice, ideas to take care of pumpkin.
Thank you.:D I hope so. Everytime, I would google New Beetle problems, I'd find a link to a thread here at this forum.:D I figured might as well join! :D

Welcome!

Would love to see some pictures of your car? :)
Definitely. I'll have to post a few pics in the thread.

If the orgers (new beetle.org members) thought this way, the owner as well as their beetles would be much happier.

Hi Abbey and welcome to the beetle family. Congrats on getting pumpkin!

We strongly suggest that orgers post here to the extreme. We're a beetle-loving community, who enjoy all kinds of beetle talk, as well as planning beetle get togethers (GtG's)- so your frequent posting is not only welcome, but refreshing to hear:)

Hope to see a photo thread of your pumpkin up soon. Although you're still getting your driving skills mastered, maybe you and mom can join us for the 4th annual Tail Of The Dragon GtG/cruise/weekend, next May, in Bryson City North Carolina. It's an experience of a lifetime.

Again, welcome aboard:wave2:
Thanks. I will. I'm just a little nervous when I drive sometimes. Also cautious. So it's good and bad.hehe.

Welcome! I love the name of your car. I'm still trying to name mine. I hope he/she speaks to me soon!
Thanks. I hope so. I never really planned on naming the car when I knew this car is a bright orange bug. But once my mother called it the pumpkin, the name just stuck. So I call it the pumpkin. Even a few of my coworkers call it the pumpkin! haha!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Abbey, and welcome. I'm also looking forward to some more pic's of you NB, that's a hot color.
Thanks. I'm not sure how pretty it is, up close. Haha. Only because I always find a new scratch , a new ding (Someone opening their car door and dinging mine in the process) or something. But I will take more up close pics and possibly the inside of the car.

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
Welcome to the Org Abbie & PUMPKIN~~~

We are always happy to meet new people who buys a New Beetle!!

I love orange!!!!!!! That was one of my school colors, (with white) Like Al said, WE LOVE PICS! If you want to go to the "photo gallery" and see how others have posted picures of their babies. A note to you; if you haven't done it yet, call VW and give them your VIN number and they will send you a Birth Certificate for the Pumpkin!!!!! Great to have you!!!!:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Org Abbie & PUMPKIN~~~

We are always happy to meet new people who buys a New Beetle!!

I love orange!!!!!!! That was one of my school colors, (with white) Like Al said, WE LOVE PICS! If you want to go to the "photo gallery" and see how others have posted picures of their babies. A note to you; if you haven't done it yet, call VW and give them your VIN number and they will send you a Birth Certificate for the Pumpkin!!!!! Great to have you!!!!:D

Thanks. I will take close up pics as soon as it gets a car wash. hehe.It's dirty right now. I honestly have no idea how it got as dirty as it is.

Great to be here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts